Burn, Burrow, Burn

Start from the beginning

Remus is standing in front of everybody and I watch as he sniffs, his eyes landing on the spot where I am hidden. Shit, he can smell me.

Arthur notices the stiff posture of Remus and lays a hand on his shoulder. Remus shrugs him off, keeping his eyes focused on my spot. I don't even dare to breathe, laying low on the ground, ears pointed back.

He growls, as I also hear people walking through the grass.

"Sweety?" Tonks asks.

So that is new, they are a couple, I thought he and Sirius would become one now they have the time and he is not in Azkaban.

My attention draws to one of the many windows, Ginny is walking upstairs in her bathrobe. Harry is there and they talk. I can't hear what they are saying, but he is smiling. Well, are they finally together, only took a couple of years of Ginny secretly pining after him and vice versa.

Bellatrix shouts a hex towards the Burrow, just missing Remus. I shift back to my human form, grab my wand and draw a deep breath. After a summer of training my power I am confident that I am able to control it.

"Mortiferum ignem," I whisper and imagine the Fiendfyre as a bomb, and creating a fire around the Burrow, making them trapped inside. The hatred I feel for Ron and Molly helps.

Bellatrix apparates and appears in front of the fire, revealing herself to everyone. She cackles like a madwoman, which she is, so it makes sense.

"Ohhhh sweet cousin, come and get me!" she giggles like a little girl asking her cousin for a game of tag.

I create an opening and close it after her. Remus is still looking in my direction, before Sirius storms out of the house, closely followed by Harry.

They all scream for them to return, but they jump through the flames to follow Bellatrix.

Remus and Tonks try to follow them, but I let the fire burn higher. They start to send spells into the flames and I use it as a shield. I keep myself hidden and try to figure out what is happening around me.

Bellatrix is screaming on repeat. "I'm going to kill Sirius Black. Come and get me!"

My focus is on deflecting spells that I don't notice the hole in the fire before Ginny jumps through. I try to follow the steps everyone is taking, making sure I am still hidden in the grass. The wind is making everything rustle around me, and the footsteps stop. They are breathing hard, which makes it easier to follow them.

I let the fire burn and take off, immediately drawing the attention of Remus who jumps through the fire and follows after me. Tonks tries to follow him, but he is too fast. I shift and jump into my wolf body, making it easier to run away from him. He might not be able to shift, like I can, but he is still faster and stronger than a regular human.

He is hunting me, I can hear him sniff in the air, following my scent instead of my footsteps. I decide to attack, surprise him with it. I turn around and jump in the air as high as I can, he is close so I come down on him, pushing him to the ground. My mouth is wide open, snarling and showing my teeth to him.

"Hermione?" he whispers, making sure no one hears him. "What are you doing?"

He tries to push me off but I get a hold of his arm. His eyes turn yellow and he growls, even though he is not my Alpha, he is still one. I let go of him, my ears pinned back as I keep growling.

Once again he sniffs. "You have a pact? Who is your Alpha?"

Someone is getting closer to us and I shift back, surprising Remus with my look.