Chapter 2

After playing with the children for a little while, I went to the local supermarket to buy groceries and see what I can buy the kids for the next time I come.

I had decided to buy each of the kids a present because the toy shop I worked for, gave me my pay a few days back- Mrs Shirley didn't like it when I spent the money in my bank for the kids- though she appreciated it a lot, she thought I was too generous

Buying Pavlova for dessert tomorrow, and bread as well as some other things I needed, I went to the cashier.

Walking through one of the isles to the front of the supermarket, I was tapped on the shoulder lightly.

Turning back around, I came face to face with Miss Stapleton- a teacher that worked at Pine Wood Junior School.

“Liz?” I smiled at her, “Liz!” she beamed back at me.

“Good afternoon Miss Stapleton. How are you?”

“Good, good. What about you Liz?”

“I’m good, just shopping.”

She smiled kindly, “Elizabeth, I just wanted to thank you again for your help with the Junior Ball. It ran so smoothly and thanks to you, the hall looked great! The balloons, the food- everything! Thank you so much for your help, I really do not know if we would have had such a good time if it wasn’t for you.”

I laughed, waving my hand, dismissing it lightly, “It was nothing Miss Stapleton. Really. I’m just glad I was able to help and that the kids had fun. You don’t need to thank me- it was nothing.”

She looked at me, titling her head, “You really are an amazing child, Elizabeth.” After pausing for a moment, she said, “Well, I guess I’d better go. Bye Liz.”

“Bye Miss Stapleton.” I replied and turned around to walk back towards the cashier.

That was when I saw some people from high school outside in the parking lot- great.

I paid and then walked out into the parking lot. I looked around me, trying to see if there was a way I could get to my car without being seen by the jocks and cheerleaders chatting around their cars.

What were they doing here anyway?

My car was on the opposite side of them, about five parking spaces to the left.

I could try walking behind my car, there were a few other cars parked on the same side as me- which, thankfully, I could use that to my advantage.

I got a good grip on my shopping bags and started heading towards my car from the back, unconsciously bending down behind the cars and walking faster when the parking space was empty.

Finally I got to my car- avoding any comments from them.

I opened my back, put the bags in and got into my car.

That was when I realised that in order for me to get out onto the road, I had to pass them- the exit was rigte beside them.

I sighed, there was no escaping this.

I started up my car and drove towards the car park exit.

When I got near them, they turned to look at my car.

It got quite a few whistles and ‘Nice ride’s.

I saw that I was getting quite a few glares from the cheerleaders, probably because my car stole the attention that they were getting from the jocks, and I was driving the car.

Looking around, my eyes met the eyes of Eric.

Of course he would be here.

I pulled my black hoodie up over my head, my eyes still locked with Eric’s. He then smiled at me smiled not smirked.