S2 Chapter 18

kitsune's POV:

i was in the office organizing things while kyouka is sitting on my desk chair.

I still don't trust her but she needed my company, I just hate being in the same room as the demon snow user, I have done research on her parents that were killed and the only thing responsible is her ability.

i may feel sorry for her, but that doesn't change the fact that I will comfort her for what she did with people, Atsushi and me.

she had lost my trust once she lead Atsushi into a trap for both me and him by Akutagawa.

i heard the door opening and I look over my shoulder once I see atsushi with a weapon in his hand and walks towards kyouka.

"sorry for the wait, I have you're case ready hatsuga got you this stung gun just in case." he said giving kyouka the stun gun.

"but the port mafia is still after you, you can't be too careful." he added.

i roll my eyes that didn't go unnoted to them while continue organizing things.

"though, this time at least I don't think you have to worry." he said to her.

i sigh while listening to them, i'm worried for what will happen with Atsushi, he and I had a great relationship when we confess to each other after the incident with lucy, something in my mind and ability is telling me the danger is coming for them.

kyouka then start to ask a question, "what's the job?"

atsushi then answered her holding the envelope "all you have to do is deliver this envelope of evidence to a judge in court...oh, this is what he looks like." astushi said while taking out a photo of the judge.

i know where this is going, and I don't like it one bit.

"Understood, I've memorized his face." kyouka said in a monotone.

"you're really into this, is it because it's you're first job here?" he said shoving the photo into his pocket.

"...no" she said, atsushi looked at her as she continued. "the first jop I ever had was infiltrating a building  and assassinating two people."

I shake my head at that and place the box to kunikida's desk, I memorized how Akutagawa say that she has no purpose.

"I'll do my best..." kyouka said snapping out of my thoughts while I go organized dazai's desk, "i promise."

'don't make promises you can't keep demon snow.' i thought and straight out some papers.

as kyouka leaves to get ready for her first mission, Atsushi turned to me while organizing his desk.

"kitsu? are you alright? you have been quiet when i first came in here while talking to kyouka...are you okay?" he asked me.

i sigh softly and said "I...I'm just worried for you atsushi, I try to protect you for the things to come you're way...i feel like i failed you." i place the pencil case to the right of his desk as i felt tears about to come out but i had to hold it in, "i failed to protect you when I'm with you, the orphanage, when we first encountered Akutagawa, the train incident, getting us kidnapped and getting attacked by lucy...i just want to make my family proud if i had to protect the tiger...my tiger but i can't shake the feeling of guilt and shame that i had to bare with...i lost my family, i want to see them smiling at me proudly again." i said with a breaking voice and start to cry silently.

i felt strong arms wrapped around me, when i felt atsushi hugging me tightly.

"kitsu...it's okay to cry, and you didn't fail me, and you never will, you're still there for me when i needed, and your family is proud of you no matter what danger lies ahead, you've protected me for all those crazy missions you did for me...now it's my turn to protect you." atsushi said.