Chapter 1

"Noah check the Roman exhibit!" a black haired girl yells through an empty museum "But Heather, what's the point of all this?" Noah asks, making his friend cross her arms "Because we promised Ruby we'd handle it." she points out "Yeah, years ago!" Noah counters "But alright, I'll do it, but you check the Dinosaurs." he adds walking off.

Sky is playing chess with Angel in Egypt's market, they wanted to see if the game would be popular "My queen, are you sure you should be out in the open like this?" a nearby stall vendor asks "I have my cousin with me, I'll be fine." Angel answers "Check mate." she adds, making Sky groan in annoyance.

On the way back to the palace the two stop at the temple "You'd think they want to be put together." Sky mumbles watching the sarcophagus Ruby is sleeping in, a weird, but safe place "Yeah, but I get it. They're scattered now, everyone is." "And dad isn't doing anything about it. All Ruby did was give him a smile when he stopped her from helping out." Sky says "It is how it is, the age of gods is ending." Angel tells him "Though I feel like there's more to it then that." she adds.

Silver is reading through the reports "Hey dad, why can't I go out and ruin Ash's weather?" "Harmony, we told you already." Summer says walking in "And where's Ruby? She hasn't been around in a while." "Asleep." Silver says "But don't bother Ash with you sunny weather, alright?" "Then what do you expect me to do all day?" Harmony asks, looking at both her parents "Homework, how's that coming along?" Silver asks handing Summer the report "Yusei and Evelyn." he tells her, earning a sad nod "But they went to sleep in Evelyn's time!" Harmony remembers "Listen Harmony." Silver says crouching down in front of her "People are believing less and less, Egypt being the exception, but we have to bring everyone back here before the barrier appears." he explains, Harmony wants to say something, but Sky runs in "Dad, a group of bandits plundered the temple!" he says "Ruby's not there and her sleeping place is empty!" "I'll go check on Atem." Summer tells them before disappearing. Atem's resting place, his original tomb, is empty, not that she was expecting much else. "We're lucky Sky and Angel cast that spell on the temple." Atem comments dryly "How are you awake?" Summer asks turning to the god of magic "People still believe, I can wake if needed." Atem replies, walking over "Where's Ruby?" "Safe, she's in good hands. Seto might not always act like it, but he cares a great deal about her." "That's true," Summer mumbles "I can't believe the temple got plundered though.". Atem nods "It's hard though, waking up, we now only get our energy from Egypt, I assume we have to return soon." he says, at that Summer looks down "Yes, those who are asleep are at the temples scattered throughout our world, but... eventually I will go too and Silver will be left alone, eventually the kids will forget about our world, that's why we're keeping them away as good as possible, eventually their memories will fade and disappear until they're needed again, you can stay here, wait till they dig up your tomb, if you want." she says and she leans against the wall "Well, maybe we can send someone to keep an eye on the kids when the time is right." Atem suggests.

It takes a few more years, but Ruby, on Atem's request, was put with him as he finally entered his slumber, Angel giving her parents one last goodbye before she seals the tomb, at least they looked like Egyptian rulers and not gods "Goodbye." she whispers before walking back to Ash and Sky, who both put an arm around her "Come on, back to the palace, we'll fix the temple and get them to be dug up." Ash says, earning a small smile.