the old-ish new directions

POV: Rachel
I march into the choir room, trying to remain calm but ultimately failing. It's homecoming week and we've only recruited four members. Sure they've got great voices but with them we only have 1/3 members that we need, and the fact that Blaine is on some rampage for us taking in the underdog he wouldn't, along with Mr.Schuester and his group of egg flingers. I've asked the alumni-Quinn, Santana, Britt, Artie, Mercades, Puck, Mike, and Sam to meet Kurt and I here for one last recruit week. I don't have any money for purple pianos but I think I've got a few things up my sleeve and-

"Hey!" Tina says as she stumbles in, "Did you guys forget to invite me?"

"Of course we didn't!" I say trying to save myself but Santana gets out of her chair to ruin my cover up.

"Yeah we did, and what are we doing sitting here? You said it yourself berry, you need new members. Well guess what. This is glee. Nobody comes crawling over to join glee." Santana says, Tina making a sour face.

"I did." Tina says, fighting the statement.

"Exhibit A" Santana says, motioning towards Tina.

"If you want kids who are willing to put their reps on the line why don't you just get kids who have already done that." Santana says then sees someone walk past the doorway. Santana chases after the peraon and I chase after her into the hall with Tina following.

"Why are we even here?" Mike whispers to Sam.

"So you guys are just leaving?" Puck asks unconcerned.

"I mean that's fine. We don't have anything better to do." Quinn says sarcastic.

Santana follows the person around the corner and shouts, "Hey!"

The girl in the cheerios uniform stops and turns slowly. Kitty.

"San-tan-aaa" I whisper in her ear as she catches up and they stop a matter of feet from the senior.

"What?" Kitty says obviously annoyed, she tilts her head.

"We need you" I jump in.

"Glee. Needs you" Tina corrects.

"Look. I already told you-" Kitty starts but Santana cuts in.

"I know. You don't want to join because glee did horrible things to you but if you just stick by it.-"

Kitty interrupts Santana this time, "Like you guys did. If I stick by it I can be an understudy, a TV fail or a Tina."

"Hey!" Tina shouts again but Santana waves a hand at her.

"No it's fine. She's right. I don't care if you join glee but you can at least help us. You may hate it now but you loved glee and you owe it for the happy memories it brought you." Santana says as tears sting the blonde's eyes, "Do you know where Sue sent those kids?"

Kitty takes a deep breath, sucks up the tears, and answers, "Jake's at Thurston, Unique retreated back to Carmel high, and Ryder's a warbler." She turns and walks away.

"A warbler?" Tina asks confused.

"What about Marley?!" Santana shouts but Kitty just turns a corner. Santana, Tina, and I turn back to see the Alumni approaching us.

"So . . . what's the plan?" Kurt asks breathy.

"I will be working on numbers for Jane, Roderick, Mason, and Madison. Team Graduate. You're on getting the old new directions back. Good luck." I head for the choir room hoping that maybe they can convince the second generation to come back.