Madison McCarthy

POV: Madison
I walk out onto the stage as the old new directions gather up their stuff, laugh and say stuff to each other. They're probably glad they have just recruited a McCarthy. I get to the mic and they still don't see me, I think to myself, 'I hate singing, why am I here?' and then I realize I have to. I've protected Mason from this cruel world since we were born and the doctor spanked him to make him breath, I swore I'd never let a person lay a hand on my brother as long as I live. When I wandered into the auditorium and found Mason singing I knew there was no stopping him from joining, he was so passionate about it. I could decide weather to let him go his own way or, well, now I'm here so. I tap on the mic a couple of times and everyone in the audience turns to face me, "I'm Madison McCarthy and-" one of my brothers back up dancers interrupts me, "And I'm Santana Lopez but that doesn't mean we'll make an exception, sign up and come to the next audition and-" the dark haired Latina gets interrupted by the lead with a high voice, "Wait, . . . McCarthy?" She says and I nod. I know how much she loved my brother's performance and I guess that she expects the same from me, "Okay, start whenever you're ready." The instructor tells me and I look down at my hands, I hadn't thought this far ahead. I hear a familiar song start to play and look to my side, Mason must have requested this song for me to sing, I sing it sometimes when I'm cleaning, I didn't know anyone listened. "I'm Madison McCarthy and I guess I'll be singing The Fear by Lily Allen."

'I want to be rich and I want lots of money
I don't care about clever I don't care about funny
I want loads of clothes and loads of diamonds
I heard people die while they are trying to find them'

I stand perfectly still as i sing the first verse, I'm not sure how i haven't ran out yet.

'I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
Cause everyone knows that's how you get famous
I'll look at the sun and I'll look in the mirror
I'm on the right track yeah I'm on to a winner'

I look over at Mason and he's jamming out to my voice, dork. I smile and it doesn't fade as i keep going, my brother is lip syncing the words and starts to sway his hips, instructing me to do the same. My voice becomes more clear as I shake the nerves off.

'I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When do you think it will all become clear
And I'll be taken over by the fear'

As I sing the next part I start to add choreography, I push my left hand out as if I'm pushing someone out of my spotlight, i do the same with my other arm as i swing my hips.

'Life's about film stars and less about mothers
It's all about fast cars and cussing each other
But it doesn't matter cause I'm packing plastic
And that's what makes my life sooo fantastic'

During the next part I do stuff with my arms, throwing punches and kicks and flashing my non existant muscles and that inspires the unholy trinity backup to run back to the stage.

'And I am a weapon of massive consumption
And its not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function
I'll look at the sun and I'll look in the mirror
I'm on the right track yeah I'm on to a winner'

The unholy trinity arrive and i run to the back of the stage and let them take over as they sing and dance the next part up front.

Brittany: 'I don't know what's right and what's real anymore'
Santana: 'I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore'
Quinn: 'When do you think it will all become clear'
All Three: 'And I'll be taken over by the fear'

Me and the three girls switch places for the next part as I strut towards the front of the stage and sing.

I strut as I sing, 'Forget about guns and forget ammunition Cause I'm killing them all on my own little mission'
We form our hands in a prayer symbol then cross our close fisted thumbs across our throats in an I'll cut you symbol 'Now I'm not a saint but I'm not a sinner'
Now everything is cool as long as I'm getting thinner'

We all sing the last part together.

'I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When do you think it will all become clear
And I'll be taken over by the fear'

Mason runs towards me and hugs me tightly and the cheerleaders join us.

"Welcome to glee, McCarthy's", Rachel suddenly appears on stage to congradulate us and everyone cheers.