The Cat & The Rat

Start from the beginning

But then luck is not on your side because he saw a shadow on the ground so he looked up and you two met gazes.

He smirked and climbed the tree as well, "Seriously, Camilo?" you complained because he found you first.

He settled beside you, "Nice to meet you too, señorita/o."

You sighed, "Aren't you gonna start searching for the others?" "I can do that later, I want to spend time with you even just for a bit."

Your face heated so you tried not to show your face to him.

"I have a story." he said.

"I bet it's silly." "Hear it out first!" "Pfft, fine."

"Okay.. My sister told me this story and I don't know where in Encanto she heard it but it's interesting."

"Okay, go on.."

"So.. There's this rat."

"Rat?"

"Rat." you blankly stared at him so he laughed, "Just hear me out first!"

"So, there's this rat. And there's also a cat. Two different animals, right?"

"Obviously."

He rolled his eyes before he continued, "The cat fell in love with the rat. The rat fell in love with the cat. They got married. The end."

You stayed silent first before laughing, "Wow, what a beautiful story." you sarcastically said.

"Why are you laughing at my story?"

"Why won't I? And it's hilarious that a cat and a rat would marry each other!"

"What you mean is that we can't get married?"

"What?" you blushed and he did too when he realized what he just said. "W—what I mean was the cat and the rat..!" you slowly explained.

'It's now or never.' Camilo thought, "Ah, I know.. What you wanted to say was that cats are only for cats and rats are only for rats. That's why they can't be together." he bitterly said.

"It's not like that.. Of course they still can.."

"Just go to your Señorito Angelito." he bitterly said then started leaving the tree.

"Wha—Camilo! What in the world?" you started going down as well.

Once he started searching for the others, you were just following him, "What was that all about?" you smirked.

"Nothing."

"You want to marry me?"

"You wish."

"You mean YOUR wish."

"Tsk."

"You didn't even deny it."

"Fine, you got me."

"Okay, I found everyone!" Camilo announced, all of you surrounding him. Everyone except one.

"Where's Angelito?" Mirabel asked. You also looked around and he's not there.

"You haven't found everyone yet!" one kid exclaimed.

Camilo silenced for awhile before asking the kids to lean in. You and Mirabel looked at each other in confusion until the kids started running to their respectable houses.

"Wait, they're going home?" you asked and Mirabel smirked, knowing what her cousin wants, "Well then, I'll head back to the Casita too. See you, Y/N!"

"Bye?" you looked at Camilo who was mischievously grinning. "What's with that smile? You look like one of those evil looking toys."

He just shrugged then held out his hand, "I suppose, I shall take you home."

"Wait, but what about Angelito?"

He rolled his eyes, "He'll realize it soon. Let's go."

You chuckled before taking his hand, slightly worried about your other friend but happy to get to have time with a special someone.