Issue #38: Waiting for a Friend

Start from the beginning

"Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?" Terra once again interjected.

"Clown girl is sitting with you, whether you like it or not. Cry about it." The guards said before forcibly sitting Duela down next to Boomerang.

"Careful with how handsy you get boys! That's a good way to lose a finger!" Duela called out before the guards left and she looked at Sebastian. "You guys gonna eat that?" She asked. Sebastian squeaked and ran up Abner's sleeve to hide.

"No, you can have it." Komi said.

"No she can't!" Terra said before looking back at Duela. "No, you can't."

"Look, I'll tolerate the dirty sewer girl, but I really dislike her ugly pets!" Komi shouted. Duela's eye twitched when she heard "ugly".

"Okay, but you know who doesn't hate her rats?" Tara asked Blackfire.

"Is he really going to care if one rat is missing!?"

"I can already tell that this one rat is nowhere near as ugly as you are." Duela told Komi with a cold stare.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?"

"Didn't you just threaten to eat the rat not even a minute ago?" Tara asked.

"It was a joke. Do we not do jokes around here?" Duela replied.

"Not as much as we used'ta, feels like it's been severely lackin' for a while now." Boomerang muttered.

"Well now that you're here as comic relief that should fix that." Abner quickly said.

"You fokin' wot!? You throw foking spots at people!"

"And you throw children's toys."

"WHY YOU LITTLE-" Boomerang said before grabbing at Polka Dot Man's neck, reminiscent of Homer Simpson. Sebastian once again ran away from the immediate danger as Abner ducked. No one seemed to remember the fact Abner's power dampener was a massive ring around his neck.

"FINALLY SOME ENTERTAINMENT! ROUND 2 ROUND 2!" Livewire shouted from her table with an assortment of Fellow Superman villains.

"USA! USA!" Mammoth chanted before sliding all of the food off his tray and into his mouth. While this was going on a certain schizophrenic was being pushed into the room by guards as well. She immediately was let go by the guards as they went to deal with Boomerang and Polka Dot Man. She looked at the absurd scene, standing next to Caitlin's usual spot. Someone who had happened to be walking by was Rose Wilson throwing out her food.

"Please tell me this happens often." Rose said.

"Not as often as it should." Caitlin admitted.  The guards tried to separate the two and Boomerang threw a guard into a punch by Abner as he stepped on another guard's foot. Boomerang took his food tray and threw it, hitting three guards in the face with it before he flew back into his arm in one circular motion.

"What the fuck?" Jane asked. "So I have to where this fucking fashion disaster meanwhile that asshole can just go around throwing around metal objects with his magnet body!?"

"That's not his power. He doesn't have a power. He throws boomerangs." Caitlin said.

"Is that a joke?" Jane asked.

"No. He really just throws boomerangs." Meanwhile Abner kneed Boomerang in the balls. The men in the cafeteria (except for Deadshot that watched on in disinterest against a wall) all let out a collective "Oooooooooooh" while the three girls in the corner laughed. Back at the table Tara and Komi tried their best to hide and pretend they weren't just sitting with the two idiots. Somehow in all this, Duela ended up petting Sebastian.