Chapter 8 The Hidden Truth

Emmaline's POV

I feel so bored, there's nothing fun to do. I've been doing the same things over and over again for the past week. I've created everyone's destinies and watched over them. I made Amelia have twins. Heh.. It will be boys and she will find out in a few days. I know how many kids my friends are going to have and I find that really weird..

A picture flickered in my mind for a second. What was that? I created a bubble that showed all of my memories and the past Moon Goddesses. I matched the scene with the right one and let it play.

"Come on, Elizabeth!" A voice laughed.

The cute and chubby three year old girl struggled. She was carrying a heavy big blue bag behind her back. She keeps falling over but she always stood back up, never giving up. She walked towards the voice, slowly, looked up and smiled.

"I did it!" Elizabeth said cheerfully.

"Well done! You can have my yummy pastries for tea as a reward!" The 20 year old girl where the voice came from smiled.

"Yay!!" Elizabeth cheered. "Where's daddy, mommy?"

"He's inside sleeping. Want to go wake him up?"

"Yup!" She skedaddled inside. Moments later, there was a mindlink.

'Why did you let this little brat wake me up?' He groaned.

I ended the memory there. Looks like that memory was the Moon Goddess before Cynthia. I guess she had a wonderful life, having a baby girl with her true mate. Lucky her while I had to suffer getting rejected. Although I tossed him away at first, I did get a bit sad.. Just a bit. But because of that, I ended up having great friends who support me in anything and help me with things if I need it.

Since I was bored and really had nothing to do, I decided to look at some of Cynthia's memories because.. Why not?

I skimmed through different scenes of her memory when something caught my eye. It was me, well Emmaline and Ethan at Bora Bora together, splashing around.. Without thinking about it, I played it.

It was the same as I remembered. The sun was nearly going down so we head back and changed into something a bit elegant. We walk around the beach when the sunset and made a camp fire when it became dark. We sang my favourite song together. That was my best moment of my life.

Suddenly, I remembered the time when I saw Ethan and Chloe.. Now that I think about it, I never knew what really happened and why Ethan just left. Everything just ended abruptly and I simply just accepted that.

In Cynthia's memories, Ethan and I were going to sleep. Ethan was so deep in his sleep that he didn't look like he had a plan to wake up in the middle of the night to leave me.. I fast forward the memory a bit like a movie and saw someone I did not expect to see.. Chloe.

She got some kind of potion out of her bag and spread it all over his body, making it invisible!?!? What is she? A witch!? I continued to watch as she dragged Ethan's invisible body to the airport and into the plane. How did he manage to sleep through all this anyway? How did I managed not to notice her anyway!? All these questions circled through my head as I watched them both in the plane.

Cynthia's voice started laughing. "Nice potion she got there.. Who knew she would use it for that." She said sarcastically.

"Thanks, Moon Goddess, for lending me this potion." Chloe smirked, looking at the moon.

My jaw dropped. "Chloe and Cynthia are the ones who pretty much ruined my life?"

I looked behind me and saw Cynthia standing there.

"Hello, my dear. I see you've been a very curious little brat haven't you?" Her voice was dripping with venom.

"Well, you were the moron who forgot to hide that memory from me." I shrugged. "So, tell me. What exactly does that potion do? It looks interesting."

"It can do anything you want. The reason why Chloe had it is because she begged me and sacrificed everything important to her." Cynthia shrugged, mocking me.

"Even though you knew it would ruin my life?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Life was so boring, I simply had to make things interesting. Besides, it's a good experience for you. Now, you're very wise and that's what a Moon Goddess needs."

"Ok then." I understood what she meant.

"I didn't expect you to believe me so easily. I thought you would be more stubborn like you are to Ethan."

"I completely understand what you mean by life being boring. That's why I'm looking at your memories." I smiled sweetly. "What did Chloe sacrifice to get that potion? Her shoes?"

Cynthia laughed. "She also did, yes. She also sacrificed this key necklace." She held my key necklace up. (A/N see reference from chapter 3 of RMIRY)

"What? That's mine!" Now that I think about it, after that little bet we had, she never really gave me my necklace like she promised.

"Yeah, I know but this is also very valuable to her."

"Why?"

"Because your mother gave this to her but when you were born, she said she will give that necklace to you as a sign of her love. She didn't want to give it to you personally so she made your mother give it to you."

Tears fell from my eyes without realising it. "Why did she steal it away from me then?"

"It's because it was actually cursed. A few days after it landed in your hands, your parents died. Chloe stole the necklace and it made her look like the villain. The necklace works differently to different people. It unlocks the opposite of the person's heart."

"How is that valuable to her?"

"Like I said, your mother gave this to her and it was also a sign of her love for you. She actually loves you but it's because of this necklace that she hates you. She doesn't know it herself. All she knows is that it is very valuable. She had the key necklace for a very long time and it made her crazy about Ethan permanently."

"Wow.. That's a lot of information to take in.. The person I thought was the worst in the world is actually like that.. One last question.. Why did our mother give that?"

"Well, she didn't know it was cursed. For some reason, she is immune to it so she didn't know. She got it from this odd looking shop. She thought it was pretty and they should pass it down from generation to generation."

"Well good thing Chloe gave it away. Can I have it?" I asked.

"You should break its curse first."

"And how do I do that?"

"Simply do what it wants."

"And that is..? You've been telling me extra information and now you're just breaking this up into short sentences."

"Well, I don't know what it wants to do. Ask it yourself." She said sarcastically.

I gave her a look.

"Ok fine. It wants to get rinsed by your pond water."

"Ok then." I snatched the necklace from her and rinsed it with the water from my secret paradise's pond. Suddenly, it glowed..

(Author's Note: Hey! A mini spoiler- there's going to be a new character who comes in the story! It will be a boy and I'd like some suggestions from you for names! :D)