01 ; 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦

Start from the beginning

"It sucks that your dad doesn't let you borrow his car" Mona complained "Not that it bothers me giving you a ride, but it sucks that you have to walk everywhere else"

"I did smash his car into a tree last time he let me borrow it" Arden replied, remembering the last time her father let her drive his car; she was coming home from a party and driving under the influence, she was lucky to only hit a tree, she herself only getting a few cuts form the broken glass. She looked trough the window, a concern expression all over her face; she didn't even remember the accident, just waking up in the hospital.

Mona saw her friend's mood change, she knew how much Elizabeth tried to bury her past —at least the parts that she remembered—, so, quickly, she changed the topic of the conversation, and started to tell her about all the gossips about the last few months that she had missed. Lizzie smiled sweetly at her; it was a true smile, one that she hadn't shown in a while. Mona was a great friend, it was a shame that it took her this long to realize.

"I think that's all" the teenager driving stated, after a long time talking, when suddenly another thought popped in her mind "Oh! I almost forgot! Ethan and Valerie broke up"

"Wait, what?" in all honesty, Lizzie didn't really care about the horrendous skirt that Amy had wore to class, or that Emma and Caroline had gotten into a fight; but the boy's name caught her attention "Why?"

"Rumors has it she cheated on him" Mona commented, pulling over once they arrived to the blonde's house.

"Are you kidding?" Elizabeth exclaimed, her mouth opining from the surprise "I thought Valerie had been in love with Ethan since, like, forever"

"Me too" Mona shrugged as she looked forward "Speaking of the devil" she gestured to the boy getting out of a black car, parked just in front of them; Ethan Crawford.

Elizabeth and him had been neighbors ever since the boy moved there when they were six years old. Despite the two of them living door to door, being the same age and attending to the same of school, they never became close. Sure, they would greet each other whenever they met at the street, mutually wish happy birthday to the other, sometimes walk together to school and vaguely talk about how their days were going, but nothing more, nothing deep.

"Thanks for the ride" Lizzie took her eyes off the boy and unbuckled the seatbelt, grabbing the purse that was resting on her legs.

"Anytime honey" her friend flashed her a bright smile "Just text me if you want me to pick you up tomorrow"

Elizabeth nodded with a smile, and watched as the girl drove away. Turning on her heels, she saw her neighbor who still hadn't gone inside his house. It's been a while since she last saw him, so the blond haired girl decided to talk to him.

"Hey" she greeted, walking towards him. The boy stopped at the sound of her voice, turning to find out who called for him. A tiny smile showed on his face as he saw the girl, narrowing his eyes since the sun light was hitting his face.

"Elizabeth Arden" he said with amusement in his voice "Didn't know you were back"

"I came back yesterday" she informed, finally getting to where he was standing "But I think you weren't home"

"I spent the night at a friend's house" he informed, as they started walking towards their houses; which were one right next to each other. As they walked, Elizabeth stepped into a paper that was lying on the ground. As soon as she picked it up and saw what it was, she regretted not living it in the pavement.