01 ; 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Better than expected" she sighed, the smile she previously had on dropped as soon as the walked out of the principal's office "Already have a bunch of makeup tests"

As the trio walked through the hall, Elizabeth could feel all eyes on her. Rosewood was a small town, news flied and people loved to spread rumors and gossip about others lives. The speculation that surrounded her sudden disappearance for the last half of the last semester and most of the summer wasn't small; some people said she had nervous break down and that her father had to take her away, others said that she just left town, maybe went with her also missing best friend.

"I thought they said you were dead" and that was other of the many rumors. One of the students of Rosewood High looked at her confused, as he was pretty sure the rumor he had heard was true.

"Yeah, I just came back to haunt you" she replied, narrowing her eyes at the student who just left without saying another word.

"What a jerk" Mona spat, giving a disgusted look to everyone who was staring at her friend.

"Are you alright?" Hanna worriedly asked, the other blonde giving her a careless nod. The three of them walked through the door into the classroom, once again catching everyone's attention, but the Arden girl only noticed one of them.

"When did she get back?" she whispered to her blonde friend.

"Who?" the tall blonde wondered with a confused face, following her gaze to figure out who she was talking about. She saw Aria Montgomery, a girl that used to be her best friend, sitting a few sets away from her. She was very different than the last time they saw each other "I don't know" she replied, sitting down next to Elizabeth and looking away from her ex friend.

"It was about time she got rid of that pink stripe" Vanderwaal laughed, sitting in the seat in front of the two of them.

"I kinda liked it" Lizzie shrugged "She wore it well"

"Those are Hanna and Mona?" she heard Aria Montgomery whispered —a little bit too loud— to Emily Fields "Hanna and Lizzie are friends with Mona now?"

After Alison Dilaurentis disappeared, the once close group got dispersed; Aria moving to Iceland, and the rest of the girls falling out of touch. And Elizabeth was scared of being alone, so as soon as she came back she found her way back to Hanna, who to her surprise had befriended Mona Vanderwaal.

"Lizzie just came back too" Emily kept informed her newly arrived friend, unaware that their conversation was being heard "None really knows what happened to her, some people say she just left town, others say she started doing drugs...I don't really know, but she seems fine now"

Keyword, seems.

________________

"Han! Are you coming?" Elizabeth shouted outside of the school, besides Mona's car. Her blonde friend was walking down the stairs that lead out of the building.

"I'm going with Sean" she replied, gesturing at her boyfriend, resting on the side of his own car "I'll see you guys later!"

"Alright, see you later babe" the blonde haired teenager waved her friend goodbye and got into the driver's seat of Mona Vanderwaal's car, who had offered to give her a ride home.