25

Taehyung walked slowly toward the dense forest path, his nose twitching slightly to catch up with any unfamiliar scent in the air.

He couldn't hear anything except the soft crunching of dried leaves under his feet.

The scent that invaded his nose was soft and light that he almost couldn't guess the emotion of the carrier.

It was dangerous.

The way a slight whiff of the scent can calm all his nerves and make him so comfortable even in an unfamiliar and dangerous-looking forest is so unlikely that for once Taehyung wants to question his own instincts.

"It's nice to see you healthy, Taehyung -ie"

Taehyung felt his heart jump to his throat by the sudden voice.

He unsheathed his sword drawing it straight to the neck of the intruder. His senses were on high alert as his eyes tried desperately to look at the face of the person in the dark forest.

The woman in front of him had long robes as she brought up a lamp to her face letting out the pheromones into the air maintaining straight eye contact with him.

Taehyung felt his grip on the blade loosen as he looked at the woman in front of him with his eyes slowly filling up with water.

He put back his sword, now looking straight at the person who left him at such a young age whom he had considered dead for so long that now that she is in front of him he couldn't decide what he want to do with a ton of emotions he is feeling at the moment.

"won't you hug your mother taehyung -ie"

It was like a crack on the walls that were slowly building upon his mind.

He rushed forward pulling the woman into a deep hug letting his emotions run freely as after such a long time had he felt the parental love in such an intimate way.

I missed you... I missed you so much.

Taehyung felt soft pats on his back as his mother just as softly as he remembered muttered I love yous and missed you back to him.

Probably at some time in between he had let the distressing signals out because when he finally raised his head from his mother's embrace he could feel the overwhelming amount of alpha pheromones in the air.

He could see his mates around him looking cautiously at his mother and him with one hand at their weapons ready to attack in any given situation as may require.

A sudden overwhelming feeling of being surrounded by family, a family he had prayed for every single night without a fail, and a family that he finally had hit him with full force.

He looked up at the alpha's with a smile on his face and tears falling down his cheek, " my mother..... Meet my mother "

It was probably the only explanation required as the alpha's visibly calmed down relaxing their body before bowing down respectively in front of the Queen.

Taehyung's mother accepted the greeting with a bow of her own before looking at Taehyung with eyes filled with pride and something so close to approval.

She once again pulled Taehyung in for a hug, " I am so proud of you, so proud of the omega you are today. I cried every single day for leaving behind my kids, every day questioned myself if my decision is correct if I made a mistake but you Taehyung you are the reason I am less guilty, and although I would continue to apologize to you for leaving you behind at such a dangerous place at a young age I just want you to know that I might not be a perfect mother or a perfect omega but you are and have always been a perfect son, a perfect omega and now a perfect Emperor. I believe in you and all your subjects believe in you. We all do ... "

The words were something Taehyung didn't know he needed to hear but they are soothing to hear as if all the insecurities that even he didn't know he ever had are now washed away, he felt lighter, calmer, and his head much clearer than before.

Taehyung couldn't control the tears dripping down his face as he desperately clung to the omega in front of him scared that she would disappear.

The queen softly pulled back from the embrace and looked at Taehyung, " now I have to leave .... "

" no.. No.. No.. No.. What do you mean ?? You aren't leaving me again.. No mom.." Taehyung held onto the hand as if his final lifeline.

But the queen softly came closer kissing the forehead of the Emperor, " I'll come back soon, I have some work left to do but right now all you have you remember is that if push comes to shove do not think twice to launch a war. I trust you to make the right decision. "

The queen smiled at Taehyung softly disappearing back into the dense forest leaving behind a sobbing Taehyung who could not comprehend if the thing he just experience was reality or just a fever dream.

*****

A/n❤💜

Do you like the chapter💝