omg is this the climax of the story

Start from the beginning

"Oh, ok. We can meet up some other time." Zoe hid her disappointment.

"Oh wait!" Alana's face lit up as an idea hit her. "Since the nature walk isn't school sponsored, you can come too! Then we can do it together! If that's ok with you."

"Sounds perfect. Thanks Al." Zoe smiled.

Suddenly, the bell rang.

"Oh shit- I gotta go to homeroom. Talk to you later Zo!"

Alana pressed a quick kiss to her girlfriend's cheek before walking to wherever her homeroom was. Leaving a flustered Zoe Murphy in the halls.

She could've stayed in that spot for hours, replaying their conversation in her head, but she remembered that she had to get to homeroom as well.

"Shit." Zoe took off towards her homeroom, hoping she wouldn't be late.

~🌲~

Connor sat down in his homeroom class, not caring about paying attention to the teacher's random nonsense, or caring about how he looked to his fellow classmates because he knew damn well he'd be dead by this time tomorrow.

The thought brought a strange comfort to Connor. Like, it was comforting to be so sure about something.

Connor smiled slightly, and before he knew it, homeroom was over. He got up like everyone else, he actually pushed his chair in. might as well do something nice before he's gone forever.

He walked through the halls to his 1st period and could feel the light stares of his classmates. He usually didn't care, but today it felt especially strange. Almost as if they knew Connor was going to die tonight.

The thought made him feel strange.

Although, there are two people in the hall that Connor didn't mind staring at him though.

Twilight Sparkle and Mordecai- wait, that's not right is it.

Jared Kleinman and Evan Hansen. Connor had probably thought of those boys a million times before, still every time he saw them, his heart did a somersault.

Connor lifted up his hand slightly as a small greeting. Evan smiled and returned the gesture. While Jared smirked and did the gay hand thing. Connor did it back, resulting in Jared giving a small laugh, his face scrunching up in the most adorable way-

Begone gay thoughts.

Connor grinned at the two boys and then walked into his 1st period, History.

~🌲~

Biology came sooner than Connor would have liked. He already dreaded talking to Jared.

'Maybe I should just skip...' he thought to himself. But he decided against it. It's his last day alive, so might as well attend class.

He walked into the class and sat down, dropping his bag on the floor. Which resulted in a loud thump, causing everyone in the class to look at him.

He stared at his desk, ignoring the stares from his peers.

Jared hadn't shown up yet, so that was a good sign. The less Connor had to see Jared, or Evan, the better.

Maybe Jared's skipping, Connor wouldn't put it past him.

Just then, there was a knock at the door. A kid from across the room raced to the door and opened it, letting in none other than Jared Kleinman.

"Jared... you're late."

"Sorry miss, I had to take my pet goldfish to pluto for its band rehearsal."

Part of the class laughed a little at the joke, Connor included.