Smartwater

It had been a couple weeks since Daniel and I had talked and I think that's for the best. I see him in the halls sometimes, but usually I don't think about it that much. 

Some senior is hosting a party tonight and I think Aaron and I are gonna go. I'm not much for parties, other than the free weed and alcohol. On my life, that's the only reason I go anymore. I used to go because Daniel would make me. Most of the time I never minded though. 

"Miss Martinez? Is there something more interesting than my math class?" Mr. Grey said breaking me out of my 'deep' thoughts. To answer his question, yes, everything was more interesting than math, but I couldn't say that or I'd get my second detention of the day. The first one being when I was texting Aaron about the party, during english eleven. 

"No, sir." I replied looking him dead in the eyes. I noticed that people, especially teachers, hate making eye contact when confronting someone. I use it to make people nervous, or doubt themselves. It works really well sometimes. 

He shrank back slightly and nodded his head, continuing on with the lesson. I stared at the board and zoned out again. 

After school, I met Aaron at Tony's and we smoked a little bit before going to the park to scare the locals. 

When party time rolled around, Aaron made me go back to his house and change. Apparently my sweats and hoodie wasn't 'party material'. 

"I still don't understand whats wrong with my outfit." I groaned turning to face him. He sat on his blue comforter and scowled at me. 

"You look homeless." 

"Okay and? Maybe I am secretly homeless." I shot back. 

"No. Didn't you leave a dress here last time?" He said getting up to rummage through his closet. I rolled my eyes, dreading what was coming next. He was insanely and annoyingly organized for a straight man. He also had exquisite taste for a straight man too. 

"Noo not the black dress, please anything but the black dress." I groaned, dramatically throwing myself on the bed. 

"If you wear it, I won't make you run back to your house to find decent shoes." He compromised. I reluctantly nodded my head. I got up from the bed and snatched the dress from him and padded down the hall to the bathroom. 

After I changed I walked out back to where Aaron was sitting on his phone. 

"Who ya texting?" I said plopping back on the bed. 

"No one." He said putting his phone in his pocket quickly. 

"Mhmm.. whatever you say." I said laying on the bed. Aaron got up and grabbed a hoodie before motioning me to follow him out of the room. 

"How come you get to bring a hoodie?" I whined following him. 

"Ladies wear dresses Aliah." His grandma Celeste yelled from the kitchen. I loved Grandma Celeste. She was the epitamy of aging beautifully. She was older than most grandmothers, being 83, but she never showed her age. Ever. She was ladylike and graceful. She was Aaron's sole caretaker, as his parents died when he was three. Ever since then, its been him and her 

"She's right li, don't act like a man." Aaron said sticking his tongue out at me. 

"Fuck you, man baby." I shot back. 

"Language Aliah Lanae." Celeste said coming out of the kitchen. 

"Run!" Aaron said grabbing my hand and leading me out of the house. 

"You look gorgeous Lia, and Aaron be safe!" She yelled after us. We laughed and hopped in his truck. 

When we got to the party, Aaron went straight for the tequila. I followed him, and downed a couple shots, trying to get buzzed so I don't feel uncomfortable anymore.