When I pulled up to the bodega, Aaron was sitting in the bed of his truck. He had this stupid sheepish grin on his high ass face. He looked gone as fuck already. I'm envious. It doesn't take much to get him high to be honest, if he didn't use drugs, he'd probably still act the same. Dude never stopped laughing, and took everything with a grain of salt. Again, I'm envious. He was basically my best friend, but not really. He had the role of one, but no title. Honestly, he was my only real friend. He knew everything about me without me telling him. Aaron was intuitive like that. 

"Aye where's the smile ho?" He called to me as I stepped out of my car. 

"Up your ass." I yelled back. I watched his brown eyes squint in confusion. I laughed and hopped into the bed. 

"Sooooo whats the shit you dealt with today chief?" He slurred putting his head on my shoulder. I ruffled his black hair and sighed. 

"Daniel I guess." 

"Damnnn you should just ignore him Li." He said turning to face me. 

"I know, I know, now pass the blunt please." 

I inhaled and breathed out, I was having a shitty day and felt the high slowly creep up my body. I relaxed and layed on my back next to Aaron who looked like he was about to pass out. I laughed a little feeling myself lift off. 

After the blunt finished we got up and went into the store, Tony waved at us from the register, and we headed to the back. 

"Watermelon or Pineapple?" Aaron asked me holding up two cans of monster. 

"Neither, look there's a monarch underneath the bangs." I said pointing to the butterfly can. He nodded and grabbed two of them. The thing about him and me was that we had the same taste in pretty much everything. We liked the same flavors in carts, energy drinks, candy, edibles, basically everything. 

"Snickers or reeses?" He asked pointing at the candy section. 

"Both. We'll split them." I replied flipping through the chips section. "Hot cheetos or takis?" 

"Ew neither. Do they have pringles?" He asked me laughing. I grabbed a can of pringles and tossed it at him. He caught it with ease. Dude was close to going pro in football but he busted his ankle last year, and since then has helped me waste my teenage years on drugs.

"You got a ten?" Aaron asked me when we got to Tony. I nodded and grabbed the small stack of tens I kept in my bra. 

"Damnnn ma you got shmoneyy." He said pushing me and snatching a ten from my hand. "Ooo still warm" He said patting just above my chest. I shoved him back and laughed. He knew when he was pushing it, and never took advantage of me ever. He flirted with everyone, so I never took it personal. 

We went back into the bed of his truck and laid there until the sun went down. I always felt safe to get high or fall asleep around him. Never had an issue with him either. 

"Lia, it's almost six. Don't you have to go pick up your sister?" Aaron asked me shaking me awake. I groaned, but he was right. 

"Shit, yeah." I got up and grabbed my shoes. "Thanks." 

When I got home, to get my sister for her soccer practice, my mom was sitting on the couch with a scowl.

"Where were you?" 

"I was studying, I have exams tomorrow." I lied. 

"So why did I get a call from the school saying you missed three classes?" Shit. 

"Attendance office told me they'd take care of it, I was with my math teacher retaking last months exam. I didn't like my score." I lied again. 

"Whatever. Just take Camry to soccer." She snapped and continued scrolling on her phone. I internally groaned and went to my little sister's room. I saw Amara and Katie sitting on their beds reading. 

"Hey, where's Cam?" I asked both of them. Amara shrugged, and Katie said, 

"Probably in your room again."

"She better not be." I rolled my eyes and stomped to my room. There Camry's eight year old self sat playing with my makeup and jewelry. 

"Seriously??" I asked snatching everything out of her hands. It wasn't that I didn't love my sister, I did, but she was the favorite, and thus, the most spoiled and stuck up one out of all of us. Sis thinks she can get away with murder. 

"Are you ready to go?" I asked looking her up and down. She shook her head and ran into her room to go get dressed. 

"Come on! We're gonna be late!" I yelled down the hall. My high was wearing off, I could feel it. I walked back into my room and pulled back my red comforter, to look underneath my bed to see if I had any five hour energy under there. Nope. I guess I was going to have to deal with the low on my own. 

After I got back from picking up Camry from practice,  Amara was sitting in my room crying. I pulled her close to me, already knowing what probably happened. She was the youngest, being only five years old. I was like her caretaker/stand in mom. I was the really only mother figure in her life. Our own mom was the opposite of nurturing, and often took out her anger on Amara. 

"Hey.. shhh its okay." I said. She sniffled into my shirt and I internally cringed but hugged her harder. Nothing a little zote soap couldn't fix. 

We fell asleep like that in my bed, and didn't wake up until the next day.