F O R T Y - O N E

Start from the beginning

"Yeah Car, I agree. Pinks interesting— it really suits you."

"Piss off Sof." Carter mumbles, his words harsh but his voice soft.

As I finished Carter's bright pink nails I moved onto Leo, who wanted all black. Can't say I'm surprised. I took my time with Leo's nails, making an effort to not paint his finger tips as I had already done to Carter. He deserved it, Leo doesn't.

"What do you think?" I asked my twin as I finished painting his pinky nail. There's a couple of smudges but other than that, I'm quite proud.

"I love it Lil, thanks." Leo states, his face blank making me question if he actually loves it.

I finally finished painting everyone's nails with Sofia's help. Grey, Zac, Leo and Callan all got plain black, Sof, Jack and the twins got blue and black whilst Ace went for something unique.

"I think my nails are the prettiest." Jack exclaims happily as he gazes at his blue and black nails.

"No mine are." Kaden argues, causing Jack to roll his eyes.

"Dude, our nails are literally the exact same!"

"Oh shit, you're right! My bad bro."

We all chuckle at Kaden's stupidity before Alex calls me over to him, so he can begin painting my nails.

"What colour tesoro?"

"Yellow please Alex, can you do a smiley face on mine like I done to Ace?"

Ace's nails look so cool, he chose all the colours— his hand looks like a three shaded rainbow.

"Why don't you just get the exact same as me principessa? We can be matching." Ace asks, his eyes filled with hope.

"You wouldn't mind?" I wanted the same as him, but I didn't want him to think I was copying his idea.

"Of course not, I'd love to match with you."

"Alex, could I have the exact same as Ace please fratello."
_______________________________

As the night came to an end my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. After we painted each others nails Sofia insisted that we watch a movie, I didn't know what to choose— my friends wanted to have a Disney movie day, so I didn't want to spoil it by choosing one of those movies.

Sofia listed off different movies, none of which I knew and most of which my brothers didn't approve of— in the end, we settled for Mean Girlsaccording to Sofia, it's a must see. Now that I've seen it, I can't help but agree.

I think Janis is my favourite.

We all laughed about scenes from the movie before Grey announced it was time for bed meaning sadly Sofia had to go home. I really enjoyed her company, I thought she was shy at first but after spending a few hours with her she almost reminds me of Maya.

After saying goodbye to Sofia and goodnight to my brothers, Leo and I headed upstairs to his room. Every time I enter Leo's room, I can't help but gaze at his drawings and paintings that litter the walls. He's so talented. I notice the drawing of me that Leo had done at our sleepover— now pinned to his wall causing a smile to pull at my lips. Leo let me shower first and gave me some comfy sweatpants and a large velvet hoodie to wear to bed, it's so soft— I can't wait to wear it.