Chapter Forty

It had been a few days since you had been told the 'prophecy', you were honestly terrified. Every inch of your being screamed at you to tell him, that it was somehow important to relay the information to him. You couldn't seem to escape the thought of him, he intruded every part of your day without even being near you. Staring at yourself in the mirror, you hunched over the sink. It was just past two in the morning, you had woken up from a nightmare again, you felt as if you couldn't breathe when you woke up even though you were taking in so much air.

Rubbing your eyes, you finally removed yourself from the bathroom, making your way back to bed. Falling back onto the well-worn mattress, you felt a tear slip down your cheek. 'I don't care about a stupid promise...' Turning over, you stuffed your head into your pillow beginning to sob softly. 'I just want him to be safe...' The thought echoed, repeating itself every so often as if to remind you why you were crying. Eventually, your tears stopped as you drifted back to sleep in your blue themed bed.

The next morning was a rough one, as you made your way to potions, you took your seat next to Regulus without a second glance. Moving your body away from him, you were shocked to feel him pull your seat closer to his. "Stop avoiding me," Turning to look him in the eye, he seemed worried at the sight of your puffy eyes, "You've been crying." the statement was simple but still enough to make you turn away from him. You refused to let him in the way you used to, no matter how much you cried, you weren't going to give yourself away so easily.

For the rest of the class, he was almost intensively watching you. No matter what you tried to do, he would always do it for you. When you went to get the ingredients for the potion, he immediately rushed off to get them for you. When you moved a muscle to do anything with the muscle, he would get to it first. Soon, it became aggravating, you simply wanted to do your classwork and he wasn't letting you.

"Can you fucking sto-" "Well done you two!" Professor Slughorn praised, shutting up immediately, you looked down at your shoes simply nodding. Sniffing the air, you almost choked, it smelt as if Regulus had sprayed his cologne everywhere. "Black tone it down with the cologne" Slughorn chuckled at your remark, "I see, so dear Regulus here is your amortentia?" You choked at the professors' words. Your cheeks flushed dark red as you refused to meet either of their gazes, "I- Well-" "Well isn't that a surprise (L/N), all I can smell is your shampoo" The curly-haired boy chuckled. You felt as if your heart was going to beat out of your chest, this was not the way he wanted him to find out at all.