Chapter Thirty Three

Your mouth fell open, slapping your own face as hard as you possibly could. "That's a lie" Sirius spoke softly, his eyes were slightly wide, you laughed nodding along. "Yeah, I think I'm a bit drunk" your heart ached slightly, though, you found it practically impossible to understand where that had suddenly come from. 'How... Why do I still...' As you mentally battled with yourself, you paid no mind to the messy haired boy who had lifted you up into his arms. He was muttering some things to you, even though you weren't listening to a word he said, you knew he was still a bit shaken from your 'fake' confession.

Meanwhile, you were trying to convince yourself that you weren't in love. You hadn't given it a label before, why would you suddenly give it one now? What's the point? It's not like he loved you. 'Yeah... Why would he love me, he said he didn't like me like that...' The memory stung, a harsh reminder that he didn't like you the way you did him at any point. Him laying next to you, calm as the ocean as he unknowingly ripped your heart to shreds, turning you into the person you had become. You couldn't help but think about the moment that had recently happened, barely hours ago, when he had suddenly gotten seemingly jealous. All over you sleeping with his brother.

Suddenly everything fell into place, you felt a tear roll down your cheek in realisation. He was hiding his feelings from you, every look you caught in the hallway, the way he would refuse to make eye contact in classes. In all fairness, you had just believed he wanted nothing to do with you, not that he was just as hurt as you. Laying there in his brother's arms, you finally left your daze to see that he had stopped, now talking to someone. "Why are you with her Padfoot?" Remus' confused tone filled your ears, turning your head to see his face, you were surprised to see the new scars that crossed his face. "I was taking her back to her common room, Moony, she's drunk" Opening your mouth to protest, you heard a voice appear from behind you.

"I can take her." Sirius turned immediately, forcing you to make eye contact with a pair of sad blue-grey eyes. "Regulus..." His name slipped from your lips so easily, your heart beat increased the minute you saw him, unsure of what to do. He took one step forward, while Sirius took two steps back. Fidgeting, you lightly hit his arm in an attempt to get down, meeting his surprised grey eyes. "Let him" Your tone was calm, not wanting to worry him at all about your safety. Letting out a heavy sigh, he set you down on your feet, "Only because I'm not taking you against your will" he defended, you smiled softly at him before wrapping your arms tightly around him. "Thank you" you murmured, turning on your heel, you faced the younger brother with confidence, no longer affected by his proud facade.