Chapter Twenty Two

Both of you stayed in the library for a short while longer, an hour at most, just making small talk with each other. No matter how hard you tried to shake it, the feeling of wanting to feel your skin on his never left. Multiple times you had caught yourself staring at the rings on his fingers, wondering how they would feel on your face, on your hands once more, only to have to snap yourself out of the daze. You were proud to say that you had made him let out a small laugh at one point, though, it was more of a quiet chuckle. The noise honestly surprised you, you had only heard him laugh a few times when you had told bad puns while tutoring him, or his fake laugh when his friends bullied other students. God Mulciber had a punchable face if you had ever seen one.

Sadly, he had left to go to the Slytherin common room, something about meeting up with his friends. You adored Regulus when he was alone, but, the people he ended up hanging out with always made you feel nauseous. They were all pure-bloods, with the exception of Snape, but he was obsessed with blood status when it came to anyone that wasn't Lily Evans. On the other hand, you had also ended up finding something to do, you were on your way to help another Slytherin, Samanta to be exact, with some Charms homework she had. You were meeting her in the courtyard, then following in Regulus' steps to the their common room.

Scanning the grounds, you smiled as you saw the quiet red haired girl wave to you. Making your way over you returned the smile, "Hello Samanta" you greeted politely, "Hi (Y/N)" she responded kindly. After a small amount of back and forth small talk, you both set off to her dorm room to do the homework together. You got a few odd looks from first years as you descended the stairs to the dungeon with her, you tried your hardest to remember that they had no idea most students tutored others, especially Ravenclaws.

You smiled at the familiar surroundings, having been used to tutoring Regulus in his dorm room. Samanta tried to conceal the password, as if you hadn't heard it a million times before, you had to suppress a small giggle as she did so. Entering the common room, you both made a b-line towards the girls dormitories, not wanting to hear any weird comments from the other students. Finding your way into her dorm, you introduced yourself to the other two girls in the room who quickly saw themselves out to give the two of you some space. Pulling out your notes, you watched as she rummaged for her own, "I know they're here somewhere" she muttered, barely loud enough for you to hear, a small smile tugged on your lips as you heard a hardly audible 'ahah' as she found them.