"C'mon, don't be so cliche." I rolled my eyes, grabbing the food out of the oven with a oven mitt, putting it onto the stove, "What should I wear then?" I turned on my heel, leaning against the stove as I pursed my lips in thought.

"Wear whatever you want. Who's being cliche now? This isn't some duckling turned dove story." Gracie scoffed, half laughed as she grabbed a piece of pizza and took a bite, "Nobody cares what you wear. Just show up so we can get drunk."

"Right." I breathed out.

I made my way into my room, shuffling through the clothes I had bought. All of them were just casual clothes, some of them were church clothes and the rest were pajama's. I decided on a casual look and wore a pair of black jeans with a oversized lilac sweater that was heavy and knitted. It would keep me warm since it was nearing December.

I didn't do much to my hair, it was already wavy and I liked the way it looked. Messy hair had always been my favorite look, but I had never gotten to wear it like this before because of my mom. I always had to straighten it before I went anywhere with her. She found it sloppy and not "god-like".

"You ready to go?" Gracie cooed out between bites of pizza, "It's a thirty minute drive there. Like I said, it's out in the middle of no where."

"Yeah, let's go." I nodded. I felt a pang of anxiety in my chest as we grabbed our things and left the apartment. I tried to be as quiet as I could because Harry was across the hall and I really didn't want him to know I was going out to a party. Not that it mattered, but it kind of mattered to me. Just a bit.

I locked the door to my apartment then headed down the stairwell. Gracie was going to drive us there, but she reassured me that she would be sober by the time it was time for us to leave. When we got into the car, there was a timid silence for a moment before she had put on some music. It was poppy, upbeat music again, something I wasn't used too, but I really liked it.

I was adding music to my playlist throughout the entire drive. It all ranged from R&B to Rap to Pop. A lot of it was oldies though, not the new music that plays on the radio. Gracie really liked old 90's music. She said it reminded her of her mom and that she grew up on this kind of music. I wish I could have said the same, but my mom would have a fucking stroke if I listened to music that had profanities in it or had songs singing about sex.

Actually, I would be six feet under by now.

When we got to the party, it was at Nathan's new house that was actually pretty big. It was nice though. It was a large brick house with a long driveway that took you deep into the woods where the house would be. There were cars everywhere, even in the yard. I guess when Gracie said a lot of people were going to be there, they weren't joking. I had never spent a lot of time with Michael and Nathan because of my mom so I never got to see what they were like out of church.

I guess they really liked to party.

"There's a lot of people here." I choked out, tapping my foot as I stared out the window. There were people out in the yard with drinks in their hands, people were talking and there was music that was so loud you could hear it from outside.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. These people are cool, I promise. I know like half the people here." She promised me, turning the car off as she threw her keys into her bag. I nodded, stepping out of the car as the cold air hit me. I really didn't know how all of these people were outside when it was this cold out.

We pushed through the crowd of people to get into the house and there was more of a opening inside than there was outside. It smelled like sweaty bodies and beer, which was invading my nose wherever we walked through the house.