𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

"I hired a good lawyer and he is gonna get Ozan out of here." I nodded as he walked inside while I waited.

After a few hours, my dad walked out with a serious look on his face and I stood up. We didn't say a thing and we left the station, heading home. My dad went to his study while I went to check on my mom. I knocked on the door and heard a faint voice telling me to come in.

"Mom, we're back," I whispered as I sat down on her bed. "Dad hired a good lawyer for Ozan and he will get released."

"My boy." She whispered. "He must be scared." She looked at me and I saw the tears roll down her face. "What happened? What are they accusing him of?" I sighed and looked down.

"He is accused of murdering someone..." She let out a gasp as she cried I rubbed her back. "Ozan says he doesn't remember what happened at the party but he said that he remembers gunshots, screaming and he had someone's else blood but what completely happened he doesn't remember." I rubbed my forehead.

"I know he didn't do it...he's innocent." She said as she clutched the pillow tighter.

"He's not a murderer. Someone might have framed him to get him locked up but I don't know who." I sighed. "We will get him out and we will find the real murderer, I promise."

"Your brother needs you more than ever, you are his other half." She said.

"I know," I replied, getting up from the bed. "I'm gonna go to bed, goodnight mom."

"Goodnight Y/N." She replied as I walked away and headed to my room. I flopped on the bed letting out a groan, if Ozan doesn't remember what happened at the party then there's a harder chance to get him out of there. I sat up to see a photo frame of Ozan and me when we were nine years old.

I picked it up, sighing at the picture.

"What did you do? What happened at the party? You are innocent." I placed the photo frame back in its place before I decided to fall asleep trying to get rid of all the problems.

I woke up feeling like I didn't want to go to school. I'm guessing everyone at school is finding out what happened to Ozan and I was right when I received a notification on my phone from one of my friends, I opened it up to see what she wrote.

[Texts: You | Isabella]

I: Is it true? That your brother is a murderer?

Under her text was a link to an article about my brother, it said:

Innocent or guilty? Ozan Windsor a murderer?

I clicked on the link to be met by a photo of him and our family as I scanned through the next sentence.

Last night, police officials arrested Ozan Windsor, 18. He is accused of the murder of Jade Whitson, 17.

A witness came forward of what happened that night;

'I saw Ozan hitting on this girl, he was completely wasted.'

Friends who knew Ozan are completely shocked by his arrest.

'I knew Ozan and Y/N, they were the coolest people ever. I can't believe Ozan could commit a crime.'

Last night we spotted Y/N, 18 with her father, Gabriel, 43. Entering the police station where Ozan is locked up, they didn't comment on the situation.

Ozan's mother, Livia, 42. Wasn't with them and we don't know how they are feeling about this situation. We will keep you updated on this case.

I closed the link and quickly texted Isabella back.

You: He's innocent. He doesn't remember what happened, somebody framed him.

A few seconds later she began typing while I waited.

I: The school knows about it. I'm not sure what to believe, I'll talk to you at school.

I turned off my phone and took a quick shower then I threw on some clothes. I walked downstairs to be greeted by my parents, they were serious. I can tell they were thinking about my brother and so was I.

"How is Ozan's situation?" I asked breaking the silence. My dad looks at me and sighed.

"It's complicated." He answered, running his hand through his hair. "Since he doesn't remember what happened. The prosecutors will use the lack of his memory to lock him up." Dad replied while my mom let out a sigh. We ate in silence.

"I'm gonna go to school." I flung my backpack over my shoulders as they nodded at me.

"Have a nice day at school." My mom attempted to smile and I nodded. I left home and drove to school, mentally preparing myself to face the other students. I knew they were gonna stare at me or make comments about Ozan.

I parked my car in the parking lot and got out, already feeling that they were staring at me then I heard the whispering.

"I can't believe her brother killed someone." Someone whispered and I ignored him.

"Ozan is a killer, I can't believe I was friends with him." Another scoffed.

"I hope he rots in prison."

I made my way to my locker to find a note taped in front of my locker making my blood boil;

'Your brother deserves to be in prison and I hope you will join him soon.'

I turned around to face the people who were staring at me waiting for my reaction.

"Ozan is not a killer, he didn't kill anyone. He's innocent," I glared at them before I walked away leaving everyone dumbfounded. My brother is innocent and I'm gonna get him out no matter how long it will take because I know Ozan didn't commit murder but he was there at the wrong time.

𓆙

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Write down your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote!

Thanks for reading!