Your baby's first birthday

~ Zarkon ~

It was officially Gatrea's first birthday, so you and Zarkon were having a big party for her. Each of the Paladins were coming by later and so were a couple of your friends, as well as Zarkon's trainees, for the party later. You and Zarkon set up a party for her in the living room and the Palace chef made a smash cake for her. You found the cutest little first birthday outfit for Gatrea, so after you put it on her, you brought her to the living room.

"Here's the birthday girl." You said as you carried Gatrea over to the little area where you set things up for a short photo shoot.

Zarkon stood up and turned around after he finished placing a purple balloon in a good place so that it would be a part of the photo background. You walked over to your husband while holding your daughter.

"Happy birthday, my little princess." Zarkon told Gatrea as he knelt down, holding his arms out.

"Papa!" Gatrea cooed happily as you handed her over to your husband.

"Are you ready to have cake?" Zarkon asked Gatrea when he saw the chef enter the room with the cake.

You took the opportunity to get your phone when the chef came into the room with the purple smash cake, placing it in the right place before promptly leaving. You turned your camera app on when Zarkon sat Gatrea down behind the cake.

"Go on, try it; it's yummy." You told Gatrea as you knelt down, pointing your phone at her.

Zarkon knelt down too, encouraging his daughter to try the cake. Gatrea looked at the cake with confusion before reaching forwards with both of her hands, trying to grab the cake. She made a startled yelp when frosting and cake got all over her hands. You were quick to take a picture before she flung the mess of frosting, accidentally flinging at Zarkon's face.

"Again with the food?" Zarkon deadpanned, wiping the sugar free purple icing off of his face with a finger, licking it off.

Gatrea watched her father eat the frosting before she looked down at the cake again. She reached forwards, only with her right hand, and grabbed some cake before she tried eating it. To her surprise, the cake was really good. She grabbed another handful and shoved it in her mouth, eating it.

"I think that she likes it." Zarkon commented as he watched Gatrea eat her cake, noticing how she licked her hands and wrists after eating the cake.

"Of course she does. At least she's trying not to get messy." You agreed, taking more pictures of her.

Zarkon scoffed, not exactly agreeing with you. You were getting some pretty good pictures of Gatrea as she not so messily ate her cake. She obviously didn't eat it all at once, of course, but she ate enough until she was full. You ended up having to wipe her face and hands off so that she wouldn't be sticky. All in all Gatrea had a fun first birthday, especially since she got to play with the balloons later.

 All in all Gatrea had a fun first birthday, especially since she got to play with the balloons later