Prologue

They'd been best friends since the age of five.

Ever since his mother had introduced him to their new neighbours. The blonde haired girl with blue - grey eyes who hid shyly behind her mother's legs had captured his attention from the very first moment he'd laid eyes upon her.

Ever since he was seven he was sure he was in love with her. The way she smiled, laughed, how her eyes lit up when she was telling him about all the amazing things that had happened in her day. Every moment they spent together he found another reason to love her.

But as they grew up many things changed. She had lost her mom and her brother in a tragic car accident when she was just eleven years old. His father had left him and his mother the same year.

Now at the age of seventeen, things were still changing. She was even more beautiful now than ever before. She was the most gorgeous, desired girl in school and every guy craved to be with her even though they knew she'd never stayed with a guy for longer than one night. Hook ups she called them. They were also no longer neighbours. After the death of her mother and brother her father, Andrew, had turned to alcohol. All their money was wasted on the drink he called it his medicine and he rarely noticed or payed any attention to his daughter. Due to his addiction they could no longer afford the house next door to him so they moved to a rather small apartment across town. He wasn't sure why but when she turned fifteen she'd practically begged him not to visit her there.

But something's never changed. Her smile although rare nowadays could still light up any room. They still spent every Friday night together, whether they went out or just watched movies at his house, neither of them would ever miss that time they spent together. And finally he was still madly in love with her and he didn't think that would ever change.