☂︎ CHAPTER TWENTY THREE :: hope ☂︎

"I'm scared to death that there may not be another one like this and I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin, thin thread

"I'm scared to death that there may not be another one like this and I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin, thin thread. I'm kicking the curb 'cause you never heard the words that you needed so bad, and I'm kicking the dirt 'cause I never gave you the things that you needed to have."

It's just heartbreaking. We seldom know how valuable our loved ones are when they are with us. We never tell them how much we appreciate them. Why? Because we are so certain that they will never abandon us till the end, we can tell them whenever we want, right? Wrong. That's where we go wrong, and it frequently leads to us taking them for granted. We're not aware of it. We won't be aware of it until we truly lose them. When a loss occurs, we truly feel the love we had for them deepen.

That's the exact time when we feel like they're with us yet aren't, and that feeling is enough to eat anybody up. That's when you realize how much someone meant to you. That's when one longs for their presence, to embrace them and love them again, doing it correctly this time.

But, alas, that is not how life works. It's gone once it's gone. When it comes to it, there is no second chance; after all, life isn't a fairy tale where you can have it back with a spell, a wave of a wand, or the snap of a finger. That is not how real life works.

Losing someone you love is painfuller than anything you could ever feel, traveling through those unpredictable wave of pain. At that point, everything turns dark. Even those things that used to make you happy, won't do it anymore. It's like watching your own petals fall off slowly one by one until the last petal which is holding on to the flower so tightly, scared to let go.

If you are blessed, there is light for you to wander in the dark, and there is a fire that provides warmth to embrace you in its wide arms, offering comfort, but if you are not, it is a different story. You will have to navigate the darkness alone, with no one to save you or guide you to the light, until you slowly find yourself falling deeper into the gloom.

And no one really wants that, do they?

Similar was the case of Jimin. The last few hours were the most painful hours Jimin had to go through. Every second, his fear of losing Taehyung became worse, and it seemed as if it was smothering him and slowly killing him. From the second he heard about Taehyung's accident, all he could really think about was how there was a big chance he'd lose Taehyung.

And when he realized he may lose Taehyung, he envisioned a path ahead of him that he would have to walk without Taehyung by his side. The road, which was filled with blooms, suddenly became littered with shards, forcing Jimin to walk barefoot, yet even those sharp sharps wouldn't be able to cut down the pain of not having Taehyung by his side. Jimin was for sure that it would tear him apart without a doubt and Jimin didn't want to witness or bear a testimony of that loss.

But, thankfully, Taehyung was fine.

He was fine and that's all Jimin needed.

Sure, things may get extremely tough from here on out, and Taehyung might need him more than ever, but Jimin didn't mind being there. Taehyung had always been there for him no matter what, and Jimin would do the same without hesitation. It didn't matter how difficult it was as long as Taehyung was at his side.