Chapter Thirteen - On the Hill

Skeeter, Bagman and Umbridge were locked away and kept in an enchanted sleep till everyone had returned to their posts at the Ministry after the allowed grieving period following Arthur’s death.  Only then would Kingsley, Harry, Hermione and Fraser take part in their inquisition.

As for the muggle’s who witnessed the attack on St Mungo’s, the deterioration of its protective enchantments and the death of the Doomsday dragon, they were rounded up on the day to have their memories modified.  Nothing went to print in the muggle papers and no policemen or government officials were alerted to what the muggles had witnessed except that of the conversation between the Minister for Magic and Britain’s Prime Minister.

No one else had known what had happened but there was no denying the fact that over a hundred men, women and children were seen running from the street screaming with sheer terror.  The gossip was that there was a gas explosion but most speculated it to be a poor cover up and rather thought there was something worse being hidden.

As for Harry and the others, they still resided at Grimauld Place and struggled to agree on a place where Arthur should be laid to rest.  Ideally they would like to have him buried next to Fred but that was, unfortunately, out of the question.  Those who were lost in the battle of Hogwarts, except for the Death Eaters, were buried on the island with their fallen Headmaster, Dumbledore.

“What about the hill at Ottery St Catchpole?” Harry suggested whilst they were gathered in the kitchen.

“The hill?” asked Mrs Weasley, sipping on a cup of tea.

“I know it would be great if he could be with Fred but the island is now Hogwarts Cemetery.  It’s only for those who died there.”

“But if he were buried at Hogsmeade he’d at least be close to Fred.” Argued Percy.

“But if he were buried on the hill he’d be close to the rest of the family.” Harry sighed.  “George, you yourself said we’ll come back and rebuild the Burrow one day.”

“That’s right.” George nodded.

“Well, if he were up on the hill he’d be watching over you all there.  And from that height you can also see the rooftops of Godric’s Hollow.  He’d be watching over all of us.”

“That is a lovely sentiment, Harry.” Percy said rather snidely.  “But we agreed on Hogsmeade.  If we bury Dad on the hill then Fred won’t be near any of his family.”

“George,” Harry started, “obviously you knew Fred better than anyone.  If he were here, what do you think he’d say?”

“I think he’d say that’s a bloody brilliant idea.” George boomed before Percy could argue further.

“But Fred…”

“Can be exhumed, Percy.” Charlie said sagely.