Chapter 8~ Happiness Within You

Sean is completely settled in now. It took forever to clean my room for him. He is a neat freak so this should be interesting. Our posters are mixed to form an interesting collage of bands. His artwork and poems are on a wall of their own, just like he had in his room. I smile and look around. It is a nice mixture of our personalities. It feels like home for the two of us.

We also spent some time online applying for jobs. Well Sean filled most of them out while I kept trying to play on YouTube. Sean also has decided to start selling his art and poems to anyone interested. It won’t make a lot, but it will be great side money for us.

I don’t have any special talents like Sean, so I have to get a good paying job. Sean says he knows someone who could help us, so our summer should be weeks full of work.

School has been the same since we came out. We have ditched several days before. Always going to the first place we met. We always went there whenever one of us were feeling down. It has this calming vibe that really sets you at ease. The students at school don’t really treat us any different than most days. A couple people like us, others shun us. We have had a few incidents with Brice and his minions, but the eventually left us alone. I guess after a month of useless fighting, everyone grows up and moves on.

We just got out for Christmas break last week. Sean made dinner plans for us tonight and I cannot wait. Tomorrow is Christmas, and Sean is actually excited. He has tried talking with his parents, but the still refuse to speak with him. He has gotten over the pain, but being around the holidays has been hard on him. He told me about his grandmother. The box he had grabbed that one day, was full of pictures of her and some of her items. She was the only person in his whole family who knew the truth about him. She set him up with several guys and helped hide his secret. She was the most important person in his life for a while. She had also passed away around Christmas also. While his family moved on and celebrated, Sean was left to grieve and feel her absence.

Sean hasn’t had a meltdown yet, and I don’t think he will. He says he has someone who means just as much as she did to him. He can be a cheesball at times..

“Baby are you ready to go?”, Sean asks from outside the bathroom door.

“Almost! Give me 5 more minutes!”, I giggle and lock the door when he tries opening it.

“Well hurry up. We can’t be late.”

I smile and look at my appearance. I am not as pale and empty looking as I used to be. My hair is still black and covering my baby blue eyes. I am in a nice maroon button up shirt, with black skinnies, and black toms. I put on my silver lip ring and smile. I walk out and take in the sight of Sean. He is in a black dress shirt with white skinnies and black converse. His golden hair is styled to perfection as always, and his hazel eyes take my breath away.

“You look great baby.”, Sean says and kisses me softly. I giggle and hold him close,

“Not as great as you do baby.”

Sean quickly grabs a few presents and I help. He insists on going to see his parents and dropping off their gifts. I’m a bit nervous, but I think it is a nice gesture. We tell my mother bye and leave.

We pull up to a crowded driveway and Sean tenses up some. We get out and he knocks on the door. Margaret opens the door and smiles brightly,

“Hey there! It may not be best to let you guys in..”

“It’s okay. I just wanted to drop off some gifts.”, Sean says calmly, but I can sense the hurt in his voice. Margaret smiles sadly, and takes them,

“Thanks dea-“

“Who’s at the door?”, I hear Mrs. Andrews’ voice coming down the hall.  I try to leave, but Sean stays still.