Chapter Two - True Mates

"My, my. And what do we have here?"

I gulped as Lady Dimitrescu's golden eyes looked me up and down, her appreciative gaze turning to one filled with anger as she noticed my oozing, bloody wrists. She scowled as she leaned forward in her chair and stood up, towering over me. I closed my eyes as she came towards me, flinching when I heard a wet metal noise. The stinging in my wrists began to subside, and when I dared to open my eyes, the Lady was looking at me, her golden eyes darting between my golden yellow right eye and my green left eye. I gasped louder than I intended to when her hands wrapped around my own, her thumbs rubbing above my slowly healing sores. I whimpered as her touch caused goosebumps across my skin and a warm fire through my flesh. Her golden eyes flashed between arousal and concern as she spoke, her voice sending shivers down my spine.

"Oh, draga mea {my darling}, why such a bad reaction to the cuffs?"

I cleared my throat, which was rough from not being used for a while.

"Silver and werewolfism don't mix, my Lady."

My own two-toned eyes stared back into her shocked golden eyes.

"I see. That explains the dog smell. Draga mea, let me get some ointment to help with these wounds."

I nodded at her, and she looked behind me and at the closed door behind me.

"Bela!"

I flinched as she yelled past me, dropping my head to my chest as the buzzing noise filled my ears again, the flies squeezing under the door and reforming into the blonde women who stood a little over a foot taller than I do. I cut my eyes over to her and noticed her squinting at her in confusion. Her golden eyes were shocked, but she tried to hide it from the woman still kneeling in front of me. Her hands were clasped behind her back as she cleared her throat, her attention now fully on her mother.

"Yes, Mother?"

The countess turned her attention back to me briefly and she smiled warmly, her fangs showing slightly before she turned her attention back to her daughter.

"Bela, darling. Fetch the medical supplies for me. I wish to tend to her wounds."

The woman I now knew as Bela nodded her head and disappeared under the door in her flies again. The giantess in front of me stood up, and when she was at her full height, she bent down and picked her up, shifting me against her body until she was holding me bridal style with my head resting against her broad shoulder. I stiffened against her when her scent finally hit me and I realized why the Murder Countess of Romania was being so kind to me. She smelt like tobacco, wisteria flowers, and iron. My two-toned eyes widened, and I looked up at her as she bent through the door of her office and began to walk down the hallway, her heels clicking against the stone floor. A warm smile broke across her face at the shock on my face. She held me close again as she ducked down and when she straightened, I noticed that we were in a bedroom that smelled strongly of her.

Oh. It's her bedroom.

With a smile, she set me on her bed and turned her attention back to her bedroom door and opened it, bending down to poke her head out, giving me a very nice view of her backside. I blushed darkly as the view and averted my gaze quickly. My wrists had healed for the most part, and I looked down at them and winced lightly. There was slight scarring from the silver, and I rolled my wrists to test my range of motion. The heavy scabs from the healing began to fall onto my lap. I scowled lightly, my eyes darting from my wrists to my lap. I hadn't heard the lady come back to the bed, and so when she stood next to the bed and set the med-kit and a salve on the bed, I stiffened, sucking in a harsh breath, my pulse ringing in my ears.