10

I get home about 10:00 later that night. I'm so exhausted, so I quickly change into pajamas then go to bed.

•••
The next morning, Saturday, I get up and trudge down the stairs. "Morning," My dad greets me as I take a seat at the counter. "Do you want some breakfast?"

"Yea please." I reply, as he takes out the pancake mix.

He starts on the pancakes as I walk in the living room and turn on Disney channel, watching some old episode of Dog With a Blog.

Just as the episode goes on commercial, the homephone starts ringing. I get up to answer it, but my
dad makes it there before me.

"Henley residence. This is him," My dad talks for about five minutes before he hangs up.

He has a blank, flat expression on his face.

"Who was it?" I asked, more demandingly than usual.

"The hospital," He says "Your grandmother has a heart disease and needs surgery, so your mother and I are flying out there." He explains.

I feel my stomach sink. "You'll miss monday and tuesday of school, so I'll email your teachers later and ask for the work." He says.

"Okay." I say quietly.

I go in the kitchen and sit down at the counter again, eating my pancakes that are on a paper plate.

I get done and rush upstairs and go brush my teeth. I absolutely hate the feeling of old food being left in your mouth. Gross.

"Bye Anna I'm leaving for work!" My dad calls.

"Bye, love you!"

I hear the door close and finish brushing my teeth. I go on my phone and see a text from Kelsey. I text her back, and we both agree to meet up at her house.

I get ready quickly and walk the few blocks to her house. I knock and she opens the door, a smile appearing on her face.

"Hey! Come on in." She says.

I come in and slide off my shoes at the front door. I follow her into there gameroom, and she says, "Wanna play Just Dance 2015? I have the Xbox Kinect."

"Yes! I've been dying waiting for this game to come out!" I say, getting excited.

She puts the disk in and she chooses the first song, Problem by Ariana Grande.

We both dance along with the beat of the music, following the dancers moves on the screen.

She ends up winning that round, ao I high-five her and choose the next song.

We play for a little while, then she literally falls on the floor and I burst into laugher, dropping with her.

After a while we get up and go into the kitchen and grab some water bottles. She gulps hers down within twenty seconds and I burst into giggles, watching her.

"Hey do you wanna make cupcakes?" She asks randomly. "I guess." I say, laughing.

She pulls out the box and we start mixing the ingredients together. I put them in the oven and we go and watch tv while they bake.

The bell goes off a little while later, notifying us they're done cooking. She takes them out of the oven and we start decorating them with a bunch of different colored frostings. I pour sprinkles on some of them, and she pours edible pearls on some.

"Dad!" Kelset calls, grabbing the plate full of cupcakes.

"Yeah?" He answers. We walk in the living room and I say, "Do you want a cupcake?"

"Don't mind if I do!"

We burst into giggles as he takes a bite and and gets icing all over his nose.

•••
"I brought you a cupcake," I tell Logan later that day. I pull the cupcake out of my bag, "Well sort of.." I say, looking at the smushed cupcake.

He laughs and I hand him the bag. When he takes it out and he's not looking. I put some icing on my finger and smear it across his nose and cheek.

I burst into giggles and he says, "Gosh dang it Anna!"

He tries to put some on my face, but I get up and start running into the field of our backyard.

"You'll never catch me!" I yell while laughing. "You better run!!" He shouts as he speeds up.

I run faster and get lost in the field basically. I stop and put my hands on my knees, catching my breath, and I soon feel arms wrapped around my waists. He lifts me up and spins me around while I burst into giggles.

He keeps spinning me and soon I fell us both falling. And thats exactly what happens. I fall straight on top of him.

He stares into my eyes, and I stare right back.

My heartbeat quickens, and my stomach has butterflies swarming in it.

"Thanks for um... saving my fall." I smile just a bit.

"No problem." He smiles right back.