1

"Where do we even go?!" I ask in wonder, looking around on the first day of eighth grade. "Anna shush up and listen." Chloe says. I pout and cross my arms over my chest. It was August fourteenth, the first day of eighth grade, our last year in middle school.

Currently, Chloe, Kayla, and I were in the main hall listening to the announcements on where to go. Trust me, we weren't the only ones. A bunch of silly new sixth graders were buzzing around, hugging friends and being loud, excited for middle school.

"All eighth graders please report to the cafeteria to pick up your schedules." A lady on the intercom says. "Well thats where we go then." Kayla says, and we start heading off toward the cafeteria.

"Wow this place is crowded!" I exclaim.

"Oh, there going by last name, I'll meet up with you guys in a minute." Kayla says, walking to the table with her last name. I walk over to my table. "Anna Henley." I say to the teacher looking for schedules. "Ah, here we are" He says, grinning and handing me a paper. "Thanks."

I go stand by Kayla and Chloe as we look over our schedules. "I have drama, art, algebra, world history, home economics, and english." I say. In our school, you only had to take science twice, and I already did.

They tell me there schedules and we find out we have world history and algebra together, and of course lunch. "Please report to your third block class." The intercom calls. We all head to our third block, mine and Chloe's being world history and Kayla's English.

We quickly sit down and the teacher comes in. "Hello students, I'm Mr. Martin, and welcome to World history," He continues "this class is very easy if you put in hard work and study." He finishes.

We all nod when there's a knock on the door. "One moment." Mr. Martin says. He goes over to the door and swings it open. "Sorry I'm late sir, they couldn't find my schedule." The student says.
"Thats alright, come on in." Mr. Martin says.

And thats when I look up and see.. Logan. The country boy that had a crush on me last year. I quickly turn my head the other way, even though he'll probably notice me because of my long brown hair, which I've only trimmed since last year. Chloe gives me a look.

I sigh, already predicting how this year is gonna turn out.