Ch2.-Identity

The commanders and Whitebeard were sitting in their meeting room, planning to discuss the recent events that happened during the storm. They had already covered the reaction time of the crew and the, luckily only minor, injures that occurred. Right now they were estimating the extent of the damages to the ship, which repairs have priority, which ones can wait,...

However, their discussion was interrupted by the ringing of the den den mushi of the meeting room. The den den wasn't often used, but it was very convenient to have. Even while in a meeting, the commanders and captain could be contacted if needed, of course this should only be used if whatever was wrong, can't wait to be fixed until the meeting is done.

Most often it was used by specific divisions like the infirmary, after a battle they would call in the number of wounds/casualties. The commanders and everyone could then take it into account during the rest of the meeting. This was also what happened right now, only the call was not about their own crew, but about their unexpected catch.

On the mention of the boy, Marco's mind wandered to the events happening a bit earlier, but he was quickly snapped out of his thoughts by Bay's voice.

"-'s still unconscious and is hurt pretty badly, but he'll live." Bay answered in a serious voice, the woman never let personal emotions get in the way when reporting things like this, no matter how severe the situation.

"That's good news already, daughter. Could you tell us about his current state and recovery?"

"While never having had the chance the operate on a merman before, I am under the impression that most of his wounds will completely heal. He shouldn't have any lasting damage, besides maybe some scaring, though I don't know how this would translate on the lost scales, if they grow back or not."

The commanders let out a collective breath of relieve, glad that the boy would be okay even if it was with scarring.

"Now, while he should recover, it will take some time before he will be fully recovered. And Since he has some pretty nasty wounds on his tail, I do think we should keep him on the ship. He can't go back in the ocean like this. I would want for him to be kept in the infirmary for now. Nex-"

"If I may?" Namur interrupted Bay

"..." the den den stayed silent so Namur decided to do his say.

"I do agree that he cannot go back into the ocean for now, he would attract predators to himself because of the blood. And with the wounds that you described, it would be impossible for him to outswim any danger and catch food. BUT, for fishman, seawater helps to speed up the recovery of their more fish-like body parts. So even if it is not safe in the sea, I would suggest we find some way to still submerge his tail in water at some points during the day. Depending on how long his recovery is, which will probably be awhile, it is also important that he keeps his tail moving to keep all the muscles active.... Ow and about the scales, on most species they grow back, though it does take time."

"Alright, thank you very much Namur. Would you be willing to have a talk with me after this, we could discus some results and I would like to see what else you know about him, to be able to properly treat him?"

"I'll come to your office after the meaning."

"Thank you. Now lastly, there's one more wound that concerns me."

"Headwound-yoi."

"Ah so you saw, yes, on the left side of his head, he has a pretty deep cut. There was some debris in there, so my best guess is that while trapped in the net, the merman got hit in the head by a stone, which also caused him to be knocked out."