A rose story:1

So, the other day I was reading a story written by a student. I'm going to be putting in the chapters of it between the chapters of my story. I (of course) asked my student about this, and he said he would like to remain anonymous for now, but was fine with it.

A dragon's story

By someone

This story starts with a Rosewing. A Rosewing is a brightly colored dragon that lives in the flowering jungle. It is born very small, but lives for hundreds of years, constantly growing, resulting in the oldest dragons being larger than the biggest trees. This story is about one Rosewing in particular, called Mango. He was six, and loved exploring. He had always wanted to leave the jungle to see what was outside of it, but the tribal elders said not to, because they were safe in the flowering jungle. Mango didn't want to make the tribal elders mad, they were very large and could squish him easily. His philosophy was if you aren't squished, it's a good day. Mango had a lot of good days. But Mango was a very curious dragon, and he yearned to know what lay beyond the jungle. He wondered why it was so dangerous. Why couldn't he leave? He wished he knew the answers to his questions, for they were eating him up. One day, he realized something, though. He would never find out, unless he left the jungle. The idea excited him. Leaving the jungle sounded dangerous. But he had to. He had questions. And they had to be answered.