“I like that (l/n)-san!” He exclaimed.

(M/n) looked over at the ginger head and smiled. “Then... I’ll see you after school, Hina-chin!” (M/n) exclaimed and rushed off, out of the blushing ginger heads view.

Time quickly flew by and Hinata had never been more excited to go to practice. He couldn’t stop fidgeting under his desk as he kept his eyes glued to the clock, just waiting for the long hand to hit the hour.

The teacher looked over her shoulder and sighed.

“Hinata, do you need to go to the toilet, again?” She asked earning chuckles from the rest of the class.

Hinata blushed in embarrassment,
“y-yes! No.” He stuttered.

“Which is it?” The teacher asked and Hinata vigorously shook his head to answer her question.

Once the bell had rung and the teacher dismissed them, Hinata was out of his class in a flash. He darted through the hallways that were slowly being filled by students. He weaved through the crowds, not a single fabric or skin touching an inch of him (A/N: I wish).

However, he wasn’t the only one.

Kageyama was hot on his trail. The setter had taken off at lightning speed when the ginger head had ran past him. Of course Kageyama being Kageyama he thought it was a competition, as always, and ran after him.

Hinata was the first to reach the club room and thankfully, it was open. He burst open the door and immediately started getting changed. Once he was changed he jumped down the stairs and impatiently waited for (m/n) to make his arrival.

As soon as Kageyama had finished getting changed and had walked out of the clubroom, the (brunet, albino, ginger etc.) had arrived.

“Hey! Hope I didn’t keep you waiting.” (m/n) smiled.

“Nope! You’re actually really early, our team hasn’t arrived yet.” Hinata grinned, “also! Its my win again Kageyama!!”

“Shut up boke! You got lucky.” Kageyama huffed as he turned away, grumbling to himself.

“Oh, you’re early as ever, Hinata, Kageyama.” A bubbly tone sprung from out of nowhere surprising the three. “Who's this?” Sugawara asked as he popped out from the corner earning greetings from the two first years.

“Ah, I’m (l/n) (m/n), second year.” (m/n) smiled.

Hinata flinched and blushed in embarrassment. The poor tangerine had no idea he had been talking to an upperclassmen.

“Second year?!” he exclaimed and the (h/c) haired male nodded with a smile. “I’m so sorry (l/n)-senpai!” Hinata then started bowing like crazy making the taller male feel quiet diffident from the sudden gestures.

“Its ok, really!” (m/n) said as he bashfully waved his hands in front of him.

“A-Are you sure...?” Hinata asked, doubt written all over his face.

(M/n) smiled and ruffled his fluffy hair, “of course! You didn’t know so don’t sweat it.” He said.

Hinata’s eyes shined with admiration. He's so nice!! Hinata thought as (m/n) turned to talk to Sugawara.

“Is it alright if I join practice? Hinata has already asked me but I’d like to confirm it with your Captain and Coach.” (m/n) politely said.

Sugawara smiled, “of course, you don’t really have to ask our captain or our coach. You’re free to join.” He smiled patting the slightly taller male’s shoulder.

“Thank you.” (m/n) sincerely bowed.

“Ne, (l/n)-senpai, how are you going to play volleyball if you don’t have any volleyball shoes?” Hinata asked pointing down at (m/n)’s school shoes.

“Ah... yeah you’re right. I mean I could just play barefoot.” (m/n) chuckled, shrugging.

“I have spare shoes in my bag.” Kageyama bluntly stated.

“Why do you have spare shoes?” Hinata asked.

“It’s called being prepared, besides last time my shoes broke and I had no shoes so I ended up missing out on practice.” Kageyama explained, his face warping into a slightly angered expression.

He must’ve been really pissed off about that then. (M/n) thought.

“I can lend them to you, but I’m not sure if they’ll fit you.” Kageyama suggested.

“If its alright with you, then please, lead the way.” (m/n) said and followed the black haired teen to their clubroom.

After trying on Kageyama’s shoes, that somehow fit him, (m/n) changed into their sports clothes and walked with Kageyama to the gym.

“Thank you for letting me join.” (m/n) said loud and clear to the team members present in the gym.

“No problem!” Sugawara grinned.

“(L/n)-senpai come practice receives with me!!” Hinata exclaimed, waving to the (brunet, albino, ginger etc.).

“Just call me (m/n), please. Its weird hearing the whole “senpai" honorific.” (m/n) chuckled as he grabbed a volleyball and started spinning it on his index finger.

“Ok!” Hinata grinned giving the taller male a thumbs up.
“Hey!” A unison voices echoed in the gym.

(M/n) turned to meet more members of the volleyball team and his eyes lit up as soon as he spotted two certain people.

“Yuu-chin!! Ryu-chin!” (m/n) exclaimed.

“Whoa! (M/n)-san! What are you doing here?” Tanaka exclaimed running up to the (h/c) haired male.

“Hina-chin asked me to join practice earlier, so here I am!” (m/n) explained pointing to Hinata who was currently bickering with Kageyama until Daichi broke up their fight.

“Awesome! That means you’ll be joining the team, right?!” Nishinoya asked.

“Bro that’ll be so cool! I didn’t even know you could play Volleyball, I knew Rei did but not you!” Tanaka exclaimed in excitement.

“Well... I dunno, I’m just joining in because Hina-chin asked me to.” (m/n) smiled.

“Alright everyone! Gather!!” Daichi called.

All the team members gathered, Nishinoya and Tanaka grabbed (m/n)’s wrist and dragged him to join them.

“You must be (l/n)-san, right?” Daichi asked earning a nod from the male. “Nice to meet you, I’m Sawamura Daichi, the captain.”

“(L/n) (m/n), thank you for inviting me.”

Once everyone had introduced themselves, including Ukai and Takeda, they proceeded in starting practice. It was the usual practice of receives, spikes and blocks. They had also headed out to run up the hill and went out for a jog.

After having done so, Ukai had organised a simple three on three match.

“Sugawara, (l/n) and Tanaka.” Ukai called out the group.

“Awesome we're in the same group!!” Tanaka grinned.

“No fair! I wanted him in my group!” Nishinoya whined.

“Maybe next time Yuu-chin.” (m/n) chuckled at Nishinoya's childish behaviour.

“Sugawara, your team will play against... Asahi, Daichi and Yamaguchi.” Ukai said.

The six people stood up and stood on their chosen side of the court. Ukai stood beside Takeda who had been observing the newcomer.

“He seems quiet used to the game, doesn’t he Ukai-kun?” He asked.
“Yeah, it seems a little suspicious. He already knew how to do serves, receives and sets, his blocks were perfect too. I haven’t seen him spike yet... but maybe its because he’s a fast learner, or observant. Either way we can’t go judging him so we’ll see how he goes in this three on three.” Ukai said as he watched (m/n) take his spot at the front as Daichi served.

I can’t judge him... but something tells me... there’s something more to him. He doesn’t seem new to the sport. Ukai spotted Kageyama sitting on a bench, his dark blue eyes completely glued to (m/n). Even he has caught Kageyama’s attention. Ukai smirked.

“Let’s see how this goes.” Ukai mumbled to himself.