"Another gift for you.." He murmured, his eyes glancing everywhere but you, "I hope you'll like it."

His body tensed up when you held his trembling hand, his hand felt so cold but you didn't care, you continued to hold his hand while taking the box within your hold.

Opening it with so much care, a beautiful necklace with (color) gem greeted you.

To say the least, you didn't let go of the shapeshifter's hand for the rest of the lunch and until he needed to go since he didn't want to say how much it cost.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Tuesday, Camilo decided to go with a bouquet of flowers this time.

He didn't ask for his cousin for help, instead, he ventured out of town to look for a few colorful plants to take home so he can give them to you.

He knew that you have some knowledge about plants, your mother is the town's florist and you're her daughter. It might've rubbed off to you but knowing him, he didn't know that much.

He ended up getting the poisonous flowers, the vibrant colors attracted his interest and assumed that it's okay to take it home, but guess what?

After a few minutes of holding the said flowers, the pollens that dropped on his skin started to act.

He didn't pay attention to it at first, he thought that it was just the mosquitoes sucking his blood that made his skin so itchy.

He didn't saw how red his hands are until he got home, the flowers from the forest had immediately attracted the nearby insects especially the stinging bees.

Camilo ended up whining and tearing up when he knew that his plan failed to give you a incredible and colorful bouquets.

His skin is full of rashes and he even refused to his Tia's Arepa because he wanted to go out in the wild to look for more safer flowers.

Luckily for him, you visited your best friend's family to drop off the basket of flower decorations.

Just then, you heard Camilo's whines towards his mother and uncle who won't stop forcing him to eat the magical food— from the kitchenette.

"What's wrong, mami?" Upon hearing your voice, the three of them stopped and turned to you which created a space for you to see Camilo's condition.

A horrified gasp left your mouth, quickly running to him and taking two pieces of Arepa from the table behind him before shoving it inside his mouth.

"Eat up and heal, idiot." You murmured, a strict and cold tone on your voice as you stared at him.

To Pepa's and Bruno's surprise, the shapeshifter stayed silent before obliging to your strict demand, he munched the mouthful of food that you shoved inside his mouth and you continued to feed him more.

After the whole ordeal, you asked what happened to the adults and they explained what happened.

You couldn't stop making fun of him and laughing towards the shapeshifter because of his idiocy while you also couldn't help but feel happy knowing that he did all that trouble just to give you a gift.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Wednesday, Camilo woke up exactly four o'clock in the morning.

He wanted to cook you something as a snack so he decided to try cooking and baking you some bread.

Which.. didn't go well as planned.

He ended up waking his whole family because of the noises that he's doing inside Julieta's kitchen, the clanking of the pots, bowls and plates were too loud then he made a mess on the table, floor, heck even at the other and the stove.

He managed to have a dough stuck up in the ceiling, he doesn't know how but he just did.

"What's with all the ruckus, Camilo?!" A cranky Isabella appeared inside the kitchen.

The annoyance on her face vanished before it got replaced with a horrified one, she shot Camilo a glance and hurriedly scurrying off to tell her mother.

"Now, that's an amazing mess." Dolores commented when she stepped inside the kitchenette which made her little brother groan.

Camilo pushed the equipments and utensils away to the side above the table as he made a space so he can put his arms on the wood.

He buried his face on his arms, shame and sadness filling his whole being because of another failure to make you something good.

He already messed up yesterday and he messed up again today? Just how useless is he? He couldn't do anything right and couldn't do something good by himself to give you as a gift.

Just as he was about to cry, he felt a hand caress his head which made him look up.

"We can cook the food that you want, Camilo." Julieta stated with a gentle smile.

His eyes filled with tears and it took a lot from him to not let them fall, but he successfully hold them off.

From five to eight in the morning, the two are pacing around the kitchen while continuing cooking the meals for breakfast and a whole batch of your (favorite bread).

Camilo couldn't be more happy at the result of his hard work, his hand was full of bandages, burns and bruises but he didn't pay any attention to it.

He ate breakfast with his family before kissing his mother's cheek and running out of Casita to start with his morning chores, he's planning to give you the bread after his work so he can spend the rest of his break with you.

After running around, laughing and taking care of the kids in town, he hurriedly made his way back to the house.

He took a quick detour to his room to change from his sweaty clothes and he freshened up himself then he went back down to the kitchen, grabbing the basket where all the bread was placed.

He kissed his mother's cheek again before running out of the house for the second time that day, he made sure that he wouldn't sweat that much as he made his way to the shop, he didn't want to smell bad once he arrived.

Upon seeing the familiar building, he picked up his pace and carefully stepped inside, he gripped the basket in his hands when he saw you just finished giving your customer's flowers.

The customer and him exchanged a greeting before he stumbled towards you.

To say the least, all the pain he had felt on the kitchen was very worth it when he saw your gleeful and thankful expression.

The smile you gave him that took his breath away was enough to make all the unpleasant feelings to disappear. He's just happy and content that you enjoyed eating the bread that he worked so hard for.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

And.. I'm cutting this off here.
I'm sorry for the short chapter but I swear that I'm planning to write the whole eventful week of his.

The next chapter will be the continuation.

I already posted this one late and I'm really sorry for that.. I hope that y'all like this chapter too!