He saw their third child being pushed out of Remi. Instead of passing out, he smiled and moved his head towards Remi again. "Almost done, baby. You got this. Almost there."

Pushing even harder, Remi kept his focus on pushing. Nothing but pushing. No pain, no suffering. Just pushing. Only pushing. Eyes on the prize.

And as payment for the hard work, seconds later, Remi heard another soft cry float into the air. He collapsed back against the hospital bed, panting just like last time. He wiped his cheeks with the back of his hand and looked over just as Rick carried the baby over and laid him in Remi's arms.

It was Rome. The intersex baby.

Right behind Rick, a nurse carried the first baby over and laid her in Remi's other arm.

It was Maia.

Both babies had a beautiful layer of red hair on their heads just like Elio. They fidgeted around, searching for something. It wasn't until the babies curled up against Remi that Remi realized that that something was himself.

Looking up to his left, Remi saw Marcelo leaning down, gazing at the babies with tears running down his cheeks. He moved forward and placed a thankful kiss on Remi's lips.

"You did it, Teo," Marcelo smiled. Remi smiled back and hiccuped, leaning into Marcelo as tears began running down his cheeks again. He was so tired and in so much pain, but it was all worth it now that Rome and Maia were here.

"They're so beautiful."

"Just like you."

-----------------

"They all have your hair," Remi giggled and caressed the babies' heads as they breastfed. Their tiny little gulps sounded throughout the room, and it was the cutest thing ever.

"They do, don't they?" Marcelo smiled. Remi smiled back, his hand on the back of Marcelo's neck, rubbing the soft skin. "Think I should go get Elio now?"

"Yeah. He's probably anxious to see them."

Marcelo left out, heading through the halls to the waiting room where everyone was waiting. Meanwhile, Remi continued to rub Rome and Maia's heads gently. "Ready to meet Eli, babies? He's a big, big sweetheart. I think you guys'll love him."

Rome and Maia both wriggled around like they used to inside of Remi 24/7. Then, Remi was surprised to see their eyes flutter open at the same time. Being newborns, they didn't have any color in their eyes yet, but that didn't make them any less adorable. 

Just as the babies opened their eyes, the hospital room door opened and in came Marcelo and Elio.

"Hi, Eli belly," Remi smiled tiredly.

"Hey, Mama," Elio smiled back and trotted over to the bed, hopping on.

"Be careful, buddy," Marcelo warned. Then, he sat next to Elio and that's when he saw that Rome and Maia's eyes were open. "Look at them!" he chuckled.

"Yeah, they just opened their eyes before you guys came in."

"Oh, man," Marcelo chuckled again. "This is your sister and your brother, Lio."

"Mai and Wome?"

"Yeah, Maia and Rome."

"Oooo." Elio moved closer to Remi and placed one of his hands carefully on Rome's chest. "Who's dis, Mama?"

"This is Rome."

"Hi, Wome. I'm Eli-o." Elio said enunciating a separation between Eli and o. Then, he reached over Rome and placed his hand on Maia's chest. "Hey, Mai. I'm Eli-o."

The babies followed Elio as best as they could with their newborn eyes. They were actually pretty good at doing so, especially since they were able to hear Elio's youthful voice at the same time.

Now finding a new fascination, the babies both unlatched from Remi, focusing on Elio. Remi wiped their tiny lips off before he got Marcelo to get Maia and burp her while he himself burped Rome. Elio just sat in the middle happily, turning every now and then to talk to either or Maia and Rome.

Once the babies were burped, Remi swaddled them up in their blankets where they both found comfort and fell asleep. Sleepy babies.

The babies slept for forever—as they should. Even once the gang all filed in, they were still fast asleep, dreaming about whatever it is that babies dream about.

The gang was so infatuated with the two. They were finally here. It seemed as if Remi had been pregnant with them for a lifetime. The two were mini Marces just like Elio, their red tufts of hair already vibrant and beautiful.

"I heard you were arguing with Rick the whole time," Alvaro brought up.

"Okay, now that I look back, I was being a little bit stubborn. But I was in pain, okay!" Remi chuckled, making everyone laugh.

"I guess that's why you don't have relatives as your doctor," Marcelo said.

"Yeah, that was a weird decision," Mrs. Callum said.

"I know, I know. But he delivered Elio, so I trust him more than the other doctors to be honest."

"Touché."

Remi smiled and leaned against Marcelo's side tiredly, Marcelo's arm around his shoulder. Remi was sure that he looked like shit. God, he felt like shit. He felt like he'd just gotten ran over by a Max bus. Or a school bus if that makes it worse. And he was so tired.

He wanted sleep, but he knew that he wouldn't get a lot of it any time soon now that Rome and Maia were here. If he thought they kept him up a lot while they were inside of him, it's a different story now.

And the pain. There was a slight dull throb in his southern areas. It was like having Elio all over again times two. The nurses gave him pain medication, but of course medicine doesn't really help after you've just pushed out a human—two humans at that.

However, all of this stress and suffering was worth it. There were two more additions to the family that was stronger than ever.

Rome and Maia Reid.

---------------------

A/N:

And with that, thank you all so much for reading this book. It is officially over which makes me so sad. I have gotten so attached to the characters as I've been writing this book, so it hurts me so much that it is over.

However, I won't say that this is the end because it is not. There may be future chapters soon. If not, don't worry. There will also be another book on one of Marcelo and Remi's children. Of course, it will take me a while to write so bear with me.

But again, thank you guys so much for reading this book. I hope you guys had as much fun with it as I did.

See you next time 💗