Chapter 39: Soap and helmet

Egypt - 51 BCE
~

Y/N was washing. The nice warm water calmed their aching muscles and their mind. The palace was huge and beautiful with statues of gods and past Pharaohs.

The two countries called themselves Seth and Horus, Seth is the bulky guy, while Horus is the lady. You'd thought Horus would be named Bastet or Sekhmet, but not.

Getting out of the tub, the new servant took their soft new clothes and put them on. Their dirty old clothes were thrown, probably brunt or given away to another peasant.

After getting ready, the new servant stepped outside the room and walked down the elegant halls of the palace. They saw Horus and Dalila walking together, chatting. Y/N decided to join their walk in silence, which Horus didn't mind, Dalila smiled happily as she saw that Y/N was now here. She was nervous earlier when she was walking with the country but now everything calmed.

"My brother has been stressed with the empire from the north. The empire continues to expand, and I heard he's visiting the palace soon, so this place should be spotless!" Horus chimed. She smiled widely as she walked beside Dalila and Y/N.

Horus went on and on mostly. Dalila was listening, and Y/N? Just lost in their little world, probably wondering where Khons and Asim are right now. Just then, they saw Seth with a bunch of guards walking through the palace. They saw a glimpse of Asim, so now they have to look for Khons.
~

Y/N stood beside the throne with Khons, Dalila, and luckily Asim. Seth paced back and forth as Horus calmly sat on her throne while other servants fan her with leaves as the heat hit the palace, though it barely fazed anyone.

It was a day when an important meeting would be held between two countries, Seth was mostly in charge of military things while Horus was in charge of the economy, but both worked together through politics. It was interesting to see the two in action, Y/N saw Horus do her magic multiple times while also seeing Seth work outside the harsh heat of the desert.

Just then, Y/N's thoughts were interrupted by corridors opening, and the kingdoms and servants snapped their heads up towards the large doors. Walking inside was three figures, two wore roman armor while the other wore greek clothing.

"Greetings! What a lovely place you have here." The middle man greeted, he looks around at first before taking his helmet off.

"I'm Roman Empire. You two must be in Egypt. I'll say this place is beautiful and quite interesting." He grinned as he gazed at the place once more with his helmet in hand. Seth cleared his throat to get Roman's attention, which it did.

"Roman Empire, I am lower Egypt, and behind me is my sister upper Egypt. If you'd wish to speak, we'd be happy to."

The empire nodded and gave the kingdom a soft smile. "Right right, let's go discuss some things. Greece and my brother shall stay here, I expect them to be treated well while I'm gone."

"They shall with our special servants here," Seth reassured. He held a hand out to his sister, and the two went to the Roman Empire who started to leave the room. And once the countries left, it was only your friends and the two other countries.

One of them started to wander around the room, his hand creasing the smooth pillars as he stared at the hieroglyphs. "Amazing art, truly astonishing." He mumbles. It was enough for the servants to hear him, though.

Y/N decided to speak to him while the others spoke to Greece. "Ah yes! One of the many famous stories of Egypt! A tale of how the sun god defeats the evil serpent of the underworld, Apep."

"Oh, kinda similar to Jupiter and Pluto! How amazing that our gods are similar to each other." The male laughs, he walked to another pillar while the servant follows right after him.

"What about this one?" He asked as his digits tapped against the pale pilar. Reading the hieroglyphs for a moment, Y/N smiled at the soldier before answering.

"A tale of betrayal between brothers, one wealthy and successful while the other was jealous and filled with hate."

"The place is truly breathtaking, oh! How rude I am, I'm Byzantine." Byzantine smiled warmly to the servant before going back to analyzing the pilar again.

"An honor to meet you, I'm Y/N."

"Y/N... I'll remember that."