Chapter 35: Kids war

Italy-1940
~

Berlin has been chatting with his group, showing them a good tactic for keeping Florence on their side while Rome and Y/N teach their group their style of tactics.

It was time for the kids to get Florence back. Y/N hid behind a bush with Russia and the West while Rome was with Japan.

"I don't see them guarding Florence. It might be a trap, but if we make them think we're going after him, then we might have a chance to get him easily." Russia whispered, Y/N smiled at the young child. A parent, West nodded, and so he stepped out and went towards Florence only to be tackled down by East and Ukraine. Russia rushed out and tackled the two down while Rome went out to take care of Italy.

Berlin was left open and the only one standing to keep the defense on the Teddy bear, Japan ran towards the capital and Berlin had his focus on her until Y/N came out and pinned him down on the ground.

"I got him!" Japan cheered, and she lifted the teddy bear. Y/N cheered with the other kids, not knowing that Berlin was blushing.

Y/N realized they've been in Berlin for a while and should probably get off, "Sorry about that, Berlin! I hope I didn't hurt you too badly." They nervously chuckled and helped up the capital who gladly took their hand.

"No, you're fine, I'm just glad to have fun once again. I haven't had this much fun ever since I was with the lieutenant from my past master." Berlin sighed. He and Rome started to fix the room while Y/N was dragged into another room by the kids.

"I can see why you like them. They seem familiar.." Rome started. He set the teddy bear down on the table.

"They can't be related to them.. they've died in HIS hands.. same with Prussia." Berlin mumbles. He dusted his uniform and made his way to the next room.

"I believe I saw them before... maybe when Byzantine and Roman were alive at the time?" Rome thought out loud, Berlin scoffs and enters the room. Rome rolled his eyes and followed the German capital.

"But Papa, we want to stay and play with Y/N!" West whined, it seemed like it the meeting was over, and it was time to go.

"Too bad, I'm sure General L/N have other things on their hands. Berlin, come and help me." Third, ordered, the capital picked up West who whined and kicked. East held onto his father's hand, who dragged him out of the Italian mansion.

Rome went over to Y/N, who was sitting with Italy on their lap. Their expression was blank and dark, and their hands ran through the young boy's hair. "Did he try to do anything to you?" He asked. The general looked over at the capital and gave him a soft smile.

"No, of course not, I'm fine, thank you." Y/N chuckles, Italy has fallen asleep, and Japan has already left with her mother, so it was only the commie and the Italians left.

"He seems to like you, how adorable~. Rome would finally have a break from dealing with little Italy if you were to stay." Fascist teased, "Soviet is such a lucky man to have you."

"T-Thanks..?" Y/N stuttered

Suddenly, someone cleared their throat loudly to get Fascist attention. The kingdom looked up to see the commie in the room now with his kids. Fascist's smile faded, and his expression went from flirty to annoyed. He crossed his arms and looked away from the others.

Rome took Italy from Y/N's lap and sat back down with the child in his arms now. Y/N got up and went over to the Russian family.

"It was nice meeting you guys. I hope to see you again!" Y/N yelled out. The sad thing is that they already know their fate. The general was now back in the car with the Russian family, and they suddenly felt Soviet rest his head on their shoulder, which made them jump at first. Sure, they're fine with kids sleeping on them but a grown man??? That's a different story...

"Sir, what are you doing?" Y/N asked with a nervous chuckle.

"..I'm just tired..." Soviet mumbles, it was a lie, and Y/N knew it though they didn't say anything about it.

"Rest well then, I'm sure Moscow will be happy to see us again. Unless he's enjoying the peace of not having to deal with us."

Soviet chuckled and nodded. He had his eyes closed, and Y/N started to hum a tune. Holy used to hum to them when they had a mental breakdown. It seemed to calm the Russian, which made Y/N smile. After a while of humming and small talk, they've fallen asleep along with the children.

"I didn't like the way he had his eyes on you..."