𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

"I love you, bro," Ezra manages to get out before pulling Jude into a hug. They both tense initially before letting down their battered shields.

"I love you, too," he replies before pulling away to catch another glimpse of Callie. "Gonna miss this tour, that's for sure."

"Yeah, me too," Ezra chuckles, "If I could do it all over again, I would. Hell, I'd do it a lot differently."

"Don't say that. You're right where you're supposed to be because of where you've been."

"Wow," Ezra breathes, "When did you get so profound?"

"I don't know," Jude laughs, "Guess I assumed the wise, older brother role a while ago. I'm happy to step down now."

"No, keep it," Ezra assures with a shake of his head, "Your sister needs it."

"I don't know about that," Jude admits, "She's already fourteen and wiser than me."

"Wouldn't expect anything less," Ezra chuckles, "Is she coming to our LA shows?"

"Yeah," he replies, "to my father's dismay."

"I was thinking about inviting my mom," Ezra admits, "I want her to meet Billie and see how well I've been doing."

"When's the last time you talked?"

"Can't even remember. She called for my birthday, but I didn't answer."

"I'd like to celebrate that next year," Jude adds, "Instead of making us ignore it like you usually do."

"I'd like to celebrate it, too." He can feel his heart begin to swell once more at the thought of not only being here another year but wanting to be. "We'll get the whole group together for a reunion."

"I'm sure we'll be seeing girlcrush after the tour much sooner than that," Jude replies with a chuckle.

"Are you planning on seeing Callie after the tour ends?" Ezra questions hesitantly with a knowing grin.

Jude flickers his attention over to the singer before letting out a huff and looking back at the stage. "That obvious, huh?"

"On both ends," Ezra assures, "Billie was saying Callie doesn't shut up about you."

"I don't know. She's just a nice girl, and I've tried plenty of times to make a move," Jude admits, "but she doesn't seem very receptive to it. So, I always lose my nerve."

"She seems like the type of girl that's oblivious to that kind of shit," Ezra points out, "Maybe you just need to be forward about it."

"Can't believe I'm taking dating advice from you," he snorts.

"I usually wouldn't recommend it," Ezra laughs, "but you'll never know unless you try. Otherwise, you'll spend your whole life wondering why you hadn't."

"Is that what it felt like with Billie?" Jude questions hesitantly.

"Yeah. It was nerve racking as fuck," Ezra admits, "I spent the better half of this tour trying to convince myself I didn't love her and she'd be better off without me. But somewhere along the way I realized that not knowing how she felt was much worse than being rejected."

"I'm glad it worked out. She seems really good for you," Jude muses with a content smile.

"She is," Ezra assures as his attention focuses back on Billie, "I think I can be good for her, too."

"Thank you, and good night!" Billie exclaims before waving at her growing number of fans and running off stage with the girls.

She immediately presses her lips against Ezra's, his hands gripping the small of her back as he pulls her into an embrace. "You were amazing out there," he greets, pressing another kiss against her forehead. "I never get tired of watching you."