Chapter 18

trigger warning: mentions of period sex (if you're squeamish about this topic, maybe skip this chapter)

You could really get used to this.

Waking up and going to bed next to Harry everyday just seemed so... natural to you, that you wondered how you would be going back to sleeping by yourself soon. You tried not to dwell on it and just enjoy living in the present with him, but you had always been a planner, so as your relationship kept progressing at such a fast pace, you couldn't help but wonder how it will all work out the minute you got back home and therefore back to living 2 hours apart from one another.

You'd been in San Diego with him for the past 5 days and although you'd been on the verge of leaving the moment you got there, now it was all just went better and better by the day. Harry eventually started working on the project he was there for, namely redecorating the villa you were staying at. You reluctantly started working remotely from your work laptop as well, and you realized that he was doing more work than you were. He didn't really have a fixed schedule, whereas you did, and by the time you were off the clock he was usually ready for you to get dressed so that you'd accompany him to visit different stores from where he'd purchase different furniture, fixtures, and whatever else he'd had planned for the day.

"Hey, where'd you go?" he hummed against your earlobe, hugging you from behind and you were snapped out of your reverie, your eyes finally taking in the bathtub you were staring at "Are you alright?" his tone changed to a more serious one when he felt you flinch that violently at his unexpected embrace

"Uh, yes. Sorry" you smiled, brushing it off. Bathtubs made you uncomfortable, you hadn't even realized you were staring at one.

"Was wondering what was so fascinating about this tub, you've been staring at it for well over 5 minutes" his tone switched to playful again "Kept glancing over at you and you were just standing here. You like it?"

You cleared your throat "Not at all, actually"

He chuckled "Huh, never heard someone have such a visceral reaction to a tub" when you didn't answer he turned you around "Hey..." his brows furrowed, taking in your lost expression "Baby, what's going on?"

You looked up at him, reluctantly and fidgeted for a moment "I got my period today"

"Are you in pain? Wanna go back to the villa?"

"No, but it's only a matter of time until I will be. I'm sorry. I didn't realize it would overlap with our staying here... I should've thought about it before agreeing to come along"

"What are you on about?" he let out an incredulous soft laugh

"Well now I'm just a moody, bloody crybaby and it's ruining everything..."

He pulled you in under his shoulder and you immediately nestled into his broad chest, seeking comfort. That's why you'd been so short tempered, you'd been PMSing without even realizing and now you were on an emotional rollercoaster, overthinking everything about your relationship, and it wasn't fair to Harry. Not to mention you'd have to take a break from fucking on every piece of furniture that was (thankfully) going to get replaced in that villa.