Chapter 17 - Part 1

Start from the beginning

——

“Erm…Hi, Mrs. Cox,” Liam started nervously. He hadn’t spoken to Harry’s mother in months. He’d missed her bright smile.

“Wow, Liam? I haven’t seen you in months,” Anne looked at him surprised.

“Yeah..”

“And…is that Niall?” She asked, looking behind Liam to see a nervous looking Niall biting his fingernails. “What have I told you about fingernail chewing Niall?”

“Sorry,” Niall muttered, knowing it was Anne’s pet peeve. She used to scold him back when they were here just about everyday.

“Um…is Harry in?” 

“Yes, yes come in,” Anne told them, beckoning them in with a wave of a hand as she stepped out the doorway. “He’s up in his room, you know where that is.”

“Thankyou,” Liam smiled, before pulling Niall up the stairs.

“What if he doesn’t want to talk?” Niall asked as they walked the familiar route to Harry’s bedroom.  

“Then we leave,” Liam told him. “Please just-”

“Yeah yeah, let you do the talking,” Niall nodded, rolling his eyes. 

Liam laughed, kissing Niall’s cheek before knocking and pushing Harry’s door open. Now, they had expected Harry to be doing homework or mucking around on his laptop, maybe even sleeping, but what they hadn’t expected was for Harry to be halfway out the window, obviously sneaking out.

“Harry?” 

“Li-UM!” Harry yelped as he lost balance and fell back into the room, landing face down on the carpet. “Ow,” he whined.

“Shit, you okay?” Liam asked, rushing over to him.

“What are you doing here?” 

“Um…we wanted to talk to you,” Liam explained, offering Harry his hand which he took with a grateful smile.

“We- Niall!” Harry said, surprised to see Niall standing in the doorway. 

“Hey Hazza,” he said.

Harry gave him a small smile. He’d missed being called that. “Hey Ni.”

“Harry, why were you going out the window when you have perfectly good front door?” Liam asked him.

“Well, I was trying to sneak out but you two buggers scared the shit out of me,” he grinned. 

“Yeah, sorry,” Niall laughed.

“S’fine,” he smiled. “What did you want to talk about?”

“Well, it was more about what you’ve been wanting to tell us,” Liam admitted, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

“Oh, right.” Harry nodded, taking a seat on his bed. “Um…I’ve- These past few…I’m sorry. For everything. I’ve been the biggest jerk and I don’t know why did all that shit but I’m so sorry guys. I’m so fucking sorry about what I did, what I said and for letting it go on for so long. You guys never deserved that and I just- I’ve realised why I’ve been so miserable these past few months and it was because I didn’t have you two. I didn’t have my two best friends and I need you, so fucking much and I understand if you don’t forgive me but you need to know how truly sorry I am. I just, I feel so bad for everything I-” A choked sob cut him off. He hadn’t realised he was crying but he was so worked up about everything he couldn’t control the tears as they fell.