Chapter 17 - Part 1

Warnings: None really…swearing?

——

“Your services won’t be needed anymore. Harry won’t need you anymore.”

The words whirled around Louis head. No longer needed. No longer allowed to see Harry. Louis’ heart hurt. He had promised Harry it would stay normal. His parents would come home, he’d go back but Louis would still be there for him. See him everyday. Still be his babysitter. Well, not anymore. And it hurt Louis probably more than it should have. He had promised nothing would change to Harry last night, but none of that mattered now.

-

“I don’t wanna go,” Harry huffed, crossing his arms and plonking down next to his bag which Louis was currently helping him pack but was really just packing it for him

“But you have too,” Louis said quietly. 

“Do you want me to go?”

“Of course not.”

“Maybe I could…stay here like, permanently,” Harry muttered. 

“Harry you know I’d love you to stay, but-”

“Mum,” Harry said knowingly. “I know.”

Louis sighed, taking a seat next to Harry and pulling him into a side hug. “We’ll still see each other. I’m still your babysitter remember?” Louis nudged his ribs, earning a small smile from the younger boy. “We’ll just have to be extra sneaky,” Louis giggled, kissing Harry’s temple.

“Won’t be the same though,” Harry said miserably.

“I know, but we’ll make it work okay? I promise you nothing will change. I promise to keep what we’ve got as normal as ever, okay? I won’t leave you Harry.”

Harry nodded, leaning up and pecking Louis’ lips before nuzzling into his neck. “Love you,” he breathed against his skin.

“Love you too.” Louis smiled into his hair, placing a sweet kiss on the curls.

-

It was over, and Louis’ heart hurt worse than ever.

——

“The company’s switched mine and Robin’s hours around, so you won’t need Louis anymore.”

“What?”

“Yeah, Robin’s not working nights anymore so he’ll be here to watch over you, isn’t that great? I thought you two could bond a little more maybe.”

“What? No! I don’t want Robin here, I want Louis.”

“But I thought you didn’t like having a babysitter. ‘I’m sixteen Mum’, remember?” 

-

The scene played over and over in Harry’s head. It was etched into his eyelids, there every time he blinked.

Once in the comfort of his room Harry lost it, tears filling his eyes as he screamed into his pillow before throwing it across the room. This couldn’t be happening. Louis was meant to help him, protect him and now he wasn’t even going to be around! He couldn’t spend time with Robin. He just couldn’t. He didn’t want to go back to that life. He wanted Louis. Only Louis. He didn’t care if he had to give up his family, he just wanted Louis and his safe, warm embrace. And he was going to get it, even if it killed him.