Chapter 3: The Ball

Start from the beginning

Aerilyn burst out laughing at the sight of Bloom's hair, her baby hairs had moved so it was pointing upwards. Aerilyn patted her shoulders and apologised multiple times. "S-AHAHAHAHA Sorry I'm so sorry but AHAHAHAHAHAH maybe you should apply to become a Rockstar with that hair I'm sure you'll qualify BAHAHAHAHHA." She repeatedly hit the bed and fell on her back still laughing. Bloom glared at her as she continued to laugh, Flora chuckled and sat between Bloom and Aerilyn. She turned to Aerilyn and covered her mouth. 

"Come on now, lets not be mean." Bloom sighed in defeat.

"I mean can you blame her, just look at me." She pointed at her hair that was sticking out, Flora covered up a laugh with a cough. "It's alright no one gets in straight away right Aeri?" Flora looked at Aerilyn disappointedly and removed her hand, Aerilyn got up from her back and sat upright, nodding her head. "Right, it's not so bad trust me." Bloom rolled her eyes and looked at her with a 'I don't believe you expression'. Aerilyn put both of her hands up in level to her face.

"Hey don't blame me for being honest." She then placed her hands on her thighs as Bloom shook her head to fix her hair. She looked at all of them before asking a question. "Hey guys why did you come to Alfea?" Stella stood up and twirled, her long blonde hair wrapping around her as she did. "Because I want to become a real fairy, dazzling and amazing." She stopped a few feet away from them.

"But I also want to help people get back together like my mom and dad." She sat back down on the bed and fumbled with her fingers. Aerilyn placed a hand on her shoulder which was replied with a soft smile, all this time she thought that Stella had a perfect life, she now knew that even the most privileged people can have something wrong at home. Flora and Bloom didn't take any care to what Stella had said and replied with their own answer. "I want to become a fairy to but i came here primarily to learn."

Aerilyn saw Stella leaning behind her to get a pillow and smacked it on Flora's face. "Nerd!" Aerilyn turned to Bloom and asked her the same question. She shrugged and gazed at the floor. "I don't know why I'm here honestly." She teasingly pushed Aerilyn and laughed. "What about you?" Aerilyn just shrugged.

"You have to have an answer surely?" Flora looked at Aerilyn expecting a reply, Aerilyn felt her pulse quicken and closed her eyes. "I came here...so I don't become a princess with no education." She started chuckling. "I mean you can't rule a kingdom with little to no education, right Stella?"

Stella nodded and picked up the mirror Bloom was using and stroked her hair, digging her fingernails through her hair and grazing her scalp. She remove her hand and picked at her fingers nails, flicking any dirt in it away. "I mean with such a beautiful princess I wouldn't need an education." Aerilyn nodded along, crossing her legs in and yawned. 

"Yeah until you get the whole planet broke." She rubbed her eyes for a moment before she was smacked across her face with a pillow, she laughed and got a pillow and proceeded to hit Stella with it.

Aerilyn spread the butter across her toast making sure to get every corner and bit into it. She scanned the room as she chewed, she glanced at Miss Griselda who was drinking her tea while sternly looking around the room. She caught her glance and looked away towards the door. Shortly after Bloom and Flora tiptoed into the hall and sat down beside them. Griselda looked at them aghast slamming down her tea on the table. Aerilyn kept in a laugh and turned towards Flora who was pouring her tea.

"So what took you guys so long?" Aerilyn asked passing a piece of toast to Bloom. "Sorry I overslept." She took it from her and gently bit down on a small piece. Techna brought her tea to her lips and drank a small sip before putting it down. "Watch out for Miss Griselda I don't think she's a very nice person." Aerilyn raised her eyebrows and acted shocked. "Wow gee you think, is that why she told me to fuck off the moment she saw me." Musa laughed.

"Well if I meet a princess like Stella I would be wary of the other ones." Stella glared at her. "Yeah the fairies in the southern part of the magic dimension are total dicks." Stella said raising her cup to her lips. "Met one a few months ago thought I was a commoner and insulted the way I look, mind you she looked like a witch that was breed with a gremlin ." They all burst out laughing. Before Aerilyn could say something Faragonda interrupted. They all turned to looked at Faragonda who rose from her seat and stood up.

"Young fairies your attention please, as is the tradition of among the magic school there will be an annual gala in honour of our new students will be held tonight, the fairies of Alfea and the magicians of Red fountain with gather here for the event." Squeals erupted the room with girls chatting excitedly among them. Griselda clapped her hands together. "Ahem, Your headmistress is speaking show her some respect." 

"I am calling on you to change this ordinary looking hall into festive ball room, today classes are cancelled get to work." 

Aerilyn walked down the hallway alongside the other girls. "So a ball with boys huh, doesn't sound like my cup of tea." Flora walked alongside her.

"Not good with boys?" Aerilyn nodded and looked at the ground.

"Terrible actually, they never seem interested in me only with the skinny...white girls." She hesitated for a moment before continuing. "I know race doesn't matter and I shouldn't have brought it up I usually don't care for dating until recently." Flora placed and hand on her shoulder, all of them came to a halt. "What happened recently?" Musa asked, Aerilyn inhaled and exhaled shakily.

"Well I was visiting another planet and well this guy, didn't know I was a princess and his mates was shopping in the same shop as me, he glared at me and got angry at me." Aerilyn stopped for a second to get her thoughts together, Flora gently squeezed her shoulders. "Take your time." Aerilyn nodded and continued. 

  "He said 'Wow look at her she's fucking ugly, just look at her body fat bitch' and his mates agreed and came up to me. One of them said 'hey you single' and I said 'yeah why' and he replied 'yeah not shocking for someone like you' so of course I gave him a dirty look and walked away but one of his mates started laughing at me and said 'with that dirty skin of yours I wouldn't want to date you either.'" Stella looked at her sympathetically and wrapped her hand around her shoulders. "Its okay I mean who needs men anyways." 

"But what happened after?" Flora asked, Aerilyn frown became a smile and she looked at them all. "I beat them up." Stella let out a cheer and Musa clapped while the other smiled and nodded in approval "Atta girl that's how you do it, show those men whose boss!"

Aerilyn beamed a bright smile and felt a growing sense of happiness inside her. "Anyways what do we have to do for the party?" Bloom asked, Stella smiled removing herself from Aerilyn and walking towards Bloom. "Just ready to have a ball." She twirled herself around, Aerilyn wondered if she ever got sick of twirling.

They began walking again, Flora snapped her fingers and a vine of flowers wrapped around a pillar. "I'll provide the decorations." Musa gazed at the vines and walked in front of them. "And ill provide the party with some music, what a party without dancing." Aerilyn walked by her. "I mean who else better to do it than the Fairy of Music." Musa smiled and thanked her. "Not a fairy just yet." Aerilyn patted her shoulders.

"You will be I just know it." 

"And I'll worry about what I have to wear because clothes are important too." Aerilyn rolled her eyes "Of course."              

                                                                           ✵✵✵