The first week of the assignment was full of hours spent drowning in research documents and scientific studies, psychological analysis' and interviews. Shoto was fully dedicated to his project, not having felt such a drive as he did in a long time, so his friends were naturally curious about his choice of topic. However, as passionate as he was about his topic he also wasn't ready to share it yet, so he always brushed off questions about the giant books he hauled to and from the library on the daily. 

He did know what some of his friends were doing though. Momo was conducting her own research around the school, asking students about their expenses and thoughts on fast-fashion before comparing it to studies on changes to the economy after quirk evolution. Iida was forming a case study about the rehabilitation and support given to heroes who suffer debilitating injuries, using several examples to support his thesis, including his brother. Midoriya, naturally, was doing his assignment about All Might and how media content with the hero in it affected behaviours in the general public, including the selling of goods and crime rates during time of release. Shoto found these were all very interesting and made sure to ask them questions if he had the time. 

Aizawa told them that if some of their research projects were of top standard then they would be published for the public to see. There were even opportunities to present their research to companies and important officials. This was a little daunting but also exciting, meaning the students worked extra hard to present their assignments with formality and professionalism. 

Every moment not training or at internships was spent on Shoto's assignment, and he could be found reading papers or tying on his laptop whilst eating at the table. At one point he was even found spending the entire day in Aizawa's office making phone calls, waving in thanks to Mina when she came to drop off some of Bakugou's cooking for lunch. 

During this time, some of his friends were already receiving offers of placements at agencies even before graduation. Kirishima was guaranteed a place at Fat Gum's agency, and Uraraka was continuing to stay on at Gunhead's agency. Momo and Jirou were going to start up an agency of their own based entirely on improving the status and promotion of female heroes into the top rankings. Bakugou was going to Best Jeanist's agency as he was given an offer to become a hero and not have to work as a sidekick first. Midoriya was going to continue at Sir Nighteye's with Mirio to help run the agency.

Shoto himself had received many offers from heroes all around the country; some he hadn't even heard of which was surprising. He often had to ask Midoriya about them and then listen to his friend gush about the hero's quirk and the benefits of Shoto joining their agency. Shoto himself, though, had a few options in mind. First: join Endeavour's agency, meaning he could help change policies and practises from the inside as well as gain insight into the management of a hero agency, which would be beneficial for when he took over one day. Second: join Best Jeanist's agency, who he had interned for in his second year, and learn about promotion and appearance as a hero as well as have support for hero events like galas and lack of stress that would be inevitable working for his father. Third: join Mirko's agency, who he interned for in the start of his third year, meaning he would be closer to his family's homes as well as have the option to continuously improve his hand-to-hand combat. 

He had a lot on his mind but knew he had the break after graduation to fully make his decision and sign up to his chosen agency, as well as find a place to live. For now he focused on finishing his assignment, since the class had all finished their internships, and put in all the effort as he could to make his project the best it could be...

At last, three weeks ended and everybody would be announcing the topics of their research assignments, as well as the core areas they researched and the intentions behind their choices. Aizawa had put all of their names into his computer so they would be selected at random.