Chapter 10: Unhappy at the Burrow

Almost half way through their stay at the Burrow Harry took a walk to the pool at the back of the house, he was feeling tired more tired than he had for a long time. He had not had much sleep since arriving at the Burrow, even Mrs Weasleys excellent cooking only helped him to sleep for about three hours; he would then lie awake in his bed thinking of Hermione.

He had become so accustomed to her being in his bed with him he felt desperately lonely without her. He knew that he was being just a little foolish she was after all just a floor below sleeping in Ginny's room but he could not rid himself of his need for her to be close so he could hold her in his arms.

He reached the pool just as it started to rain, standing under one of the trees he put up a shield against the rain, knowing full well that if any of the Weasleys found him they would assume that the tree was sheltering him. Drying a spot of ground Harry sat down to contemplate his first holiday as Hermione's husband.

He had not really spent much time with Hermione in the past two and a half days, he had watched as Hermione and Ginny became close, maybe even best friends, the fact was he had spent most of his time at the Burrow so far being alone amongst a crowd of red heads and he did not like how it felt, he had thought his days of loneliness were over.

Ginny was not the Ginny he had known before, this Ginny was much more childlike in some way, and he knew it was his memories of Ginny after she had been possessed by Voldemort that he remembered about her. Voldemort had been the one to change her, to rob her of her childhood, he had been the one that had made her do things she would never be able to forgive herself for. Harry decided he had to do something that would change all that, he wanted to see the Ginny he had seen just a few hours ago, grow up into the girl she was meant to be. Even though she seemed to be keeping his wife from him he liked this Ginny, and wanted to keep her as one of his best friends.

He began once again to think of Hermione and just how silly it was to be missing her when she was in the same house, and sometimes even in the same room. Still he could not shake the feeling of loneliness that was threatening to ruin their week. He just prayed for the week to pass by quickly, he wanted so much to hold his wife as he had done so many times in the past four months; he wanted to talk to her, to hear her say his name again.

He was cursing the nights when he was unable to sleep without her, he cursed the days for being to long while she spent nearly all her time with Ginny. He suddenly wished he had never accepted the invite; he should have gone with her to Grimmauld place, be with his godfather, he should be spending time with his wife not sitting under a tree feeling so sad.

A slight sniff behind him brought him out of his self pity as he felt Hermione's presence getting closer, Hermione sat down next to him on the ground and wrapped her arms around him and began to cry onto his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Harry, I didn't think I was hurting you, will you hold me tight?" she sniffled.

Harry just placed an arm around her waist and pulled her to him, but he remained silent. Hermione carried on crying, she had felt his sadness, then she had heard his last few thoughts as he thought about his loneliness about how little time she had spent with him, but the part that made her cry was when he had wished they had never come to the Burrow.

Finally he spoke to her.

"It's nothing love, I'm just being selfish because I am tired, I just can't sleep without you there beside me." He told her.