14 | another attack

CHAPTER 14,

ANOTHER ATTACK

TIME SET:

Present, 2023
Amazon

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

SCREAMS AND SHOUTS ripple loudly through the air, echoing throughout the forest. The sudden noises are filled with both fear and panic, yelling out for help in desperation. Reyna and Druig are share similar looks as they turn to look at one another with wide eyes. The pair find themselves scrambling back up to their feet where they then break into an instant sprint towards the village. From there, Reyna is able to catch sight of a Deviant attacking one of the humans in the village. However, as Reyna turns to face Druig in a panic, she realises that he has now disappeared from her side, nowhere to be seen.

"Clear the camp!" Sersi shouts.

Kingo begins to shoot cosmic blasts to the Deviants before swiftly noticing that there are actually two of them. Sprite grabs ahold of Sersi's arm to haul her away from the Deviants, hiding behind Kingo as he continues to protect them both. At the sight of this, Reyna sprints over to them while conjuring a large fire ball where she then launches it at the Deviants. This sends the both of them soaring through the air with a screech before colliding into a nearby hut and falling apart from its structure — fortunately, it has been emptied of people.

"Very nice!" Karun compliments.

"Are you mental? Hide!" Kingo demands.

"We need action sequences." Karun states.

"Kingo, you didn't ask him to run away to begin with?" Reyna exclaims with wide eyes. "And how the hell does he have another camera?"

Ahead, Deviants can now be seen emerging from within the building that they had just destroyed with their own bodies. Snarls fill the air as the creatures stalk across the floor and scale the houses with their eyes locked onto the Eternals. People begin to leave the surroundings houses in a panic, sprinting further down the village to get away from the deviants and their ruthless attacks.

"Sprite, get Karun out of here!" Kingo instructs.

As the redhead begins to deal with the valet, Kingo and Reyna turn their attention towards the creatures that are currently leaping from the roofs of houses. The pair are using their powers at an alarming rate in order to fight against Deviants and protect the people inside of the village, as well as themselves in the process. However, it's difficult for either of them to get an accurate target when the two Deviants are constantly on the move, which causes them to break a few of the houses.