Chapter 62: The Funeral

Start from the beginning

"I don't think it takes three people to make pancakes you know!" I said with a giggle. "Oh bean and pea, daddy, uncle George and uncle Lee have no idea what to do in the kitchen." I lowered my voice to tell the twins.

"WE HEARD THAT!" All three of them shouted from the kitchen.

"Am I wrong?" I laughed.

"Yes!" George said.
"Your so wrong!" Lee added.
"No, we're hopeless." Fred admitted.

"So let me come and help!" I said with a wide smile on my face.

"NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!" The three yelled.

I burst out into a fit of lighter whilst I waited for the three of them to make four lots of pancakes and bacon, the smell of both filled the room and a smile spread across my face.

We ate breakfast in a rush because their hopeless efforts put us behind. We ran around the house collecting our things. Well I had a fast waddle. We quickly left the house, making sure it was properly locked and secured. Fred grabbed my hand and we apparated to the edge of Hogsmeade village

The four of us walked up the cobbled path towards Hogwarts castle. It will still dark from when I had been there a few weeks earlier. Tiles and bricks were still missing from the castle and cracks ran up the walls.

But somehow, it still feels magical.

Fred gripped my hand tightly and held it back just as tight. We noticed that George and Lee were also holding hands, their fingers interlocked with each other. Fred looked at me with a smug smile, I shook my head no, not letting him take the micky out of them.

"Their so much like us." Fred whispered to me.

"I know. They'll come around." I whispered back with a happy smile on my face. I knew that Lee likes George, but I don't know if George likes Lee.

"You know, George really likes Lee." Fred smiled to me, saying it quietly so only I could hear.

"Lee likes George too, don't tell anyone!" I whispered back. Fred nodded and we joined back in the conversation with small smiles on our faces.

We arrived at the black lake where rows of chairs faced a long white table. A few people sat in the chairs, Remus and Tonks were holding hands, the former minister of magic, Molly and Arthur, Bill being helped helped into the chair by Fleur along with other ministry officials. Me, Fred, George and Lee sat down in the forth row of chairs, just behind Molly and Arthur and alongside Bill and Fleur.

The warmth of the sun caressed my face as I noticed Professor McGonagall leading the house of Gryffindor towards the chairs in silence, the only sound was that of the merpeople rising to the surface of the black lake. 

The castle ghosts were coming down too. They floated out of the castle and down to the lake, barely visible in the bright sunlight, discernible only when they moved, shimmering insubstantially in the gleaming air.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny filed into seats at the end of a row beside the lake. People were whispering to each other, I was whispering to the twins and Lee, holding back many tears; it sounded like a breeze in the grass, but the birdsong was louder by far.

The crowd continued to swell; with a great rush of affection for both of them, I saw Neville being helped into a seat by Luna. They alone of all the DA had responded to Hermione's summons the night that Dumbledore had died, I had felt the coin heat in my pocket that night. But I was already there, and I knew why: they were the ones who had missed the DA most ... probably the ones who had checked their coins regularly in the hope that there would be another meeting ...