•••

"𝓞kay you seriously chose walking all the way to school rather than dealing with my driving!" Valentina complained. Isabel rolled her eyes, "Yeah i choose life Olls!" Valentina sighed at that, knowing that her driving was quite bad (she and Isabel always wondered why they passed her when she took the driving test, maybe pity. Really could be anyone's guess.) but she wouldn't admit that since that would mean Isabel would be right again.

"Hey do you ever wonder if people get confused when they hear us talking, since we literally have nicknames for the nicknames we have for each other." Valentina noted. "Meh, probably but thats what makes it fun." Valentina eyebrows furrowed confused, "Like imagine that everyone at school doesn't even know what our real names are, almost like a mystery conspiracy type thing!" Isabel exclaimed.

Valentina just laughed at her friend, "Yeah your weird and kinda to energetic for this early in the morning," She pointed out. "But you love me any way and for who I am, and you should be used to it by now by the way so." Isabel replied with a shrug. Valentina rolls her eyes as they walk into school, everyone bustling around, the loud chatter, and slams of the lockers can be heard wherever, with no way to turn and run out of the school since she really hated the place, Valentina sighed while Isabel turned to give her a reassuring smile. They trudged on to their lockers and Isabel already started pulling stuff from her backpack to put in her locker.

Valentina smiled at her friend concentrating on putting a sticker just right on the door of the locker. It might sound cliché but Valentina really didn't know what she would have done if she didn't have Isabel in her life. She was the one thing to always keep her grounded, the one thing that keeps her wanting to wake up, the one thing that keeps her happy in her suffocating life at home. She was just glad that she had been able to find someone that she could always look to when things are fucked up.

Valentina was about to steal one of the snacks that Isabel was putting in her locker when she heard yelling down a few lockers. She and Isabel looked over to see Nini and Ricky (both people that they knew from classes over the years together) apparently having at it. "I wonder what happened, I mean they we just all happy and lovey dovey with each other just before summer." Valentina questioned. She had turned to Isabel expecting her to say something since shes one for drama but she was just staring past the two arguing teens with a look on her face that Valentina couldn't decipher. "Hey Mo you good?" Valentina questioned worriedly. (she was usually able to read Isabel pretty well but this was a emotion she didn't often see.)

"Yeah just thinking about something" Isabel replied trying to be nonchalant and quickly shook herself out of the state she was in, focusing back on what was in front of the two best friends. "Oooh looks like Nini is mad, I wonder what did Ricky say I've never really seen her mad, must have been something bad." Isabel finished, Valentina noded, there's her Isabel. "Oh shit she just broke up with him damn, and on the first day, That's gotta suck." Valentina spoke.

"Mhm I feel bad for Ricky." Isabel sighed. Valentina just shrugged not really having an opinion on the situation since she didn't know what happened between the now ex-couple.

The bell rang above them and the two girls faces turned to instant dred knowing they were going to have to go to the borning welcoming assembly the principle had every year. Knowing they were going to be very bored Isabel turned and got a pack of mini m&ms out of her locker, as she did Valentina's face lit up at the snack since it was quite sacred for their friendship and because it was her favorite candy. "Well while we're in an excurating long assembly might as well commemorate this joyous first day with our snack." Isabel held a grin while speaking.

"My Moe to my Olivia, mi amord, my Isabel I love you so much. Now hand over the chocolate." Isabel laughed at her friend's greediness and handed over the chocolate but then w grabbed Valentina's hand and began dragging her down the hall to the assembly before she had the chance to open up the bag of chocolate.

                                            •••

𝓥alentina tuned back into what was happening at the assembly when she felt Isabel repeatedly hit her arm, "Olls did you hear that?" Isabel asked while her eyes held excitement, but Valentina furrowed her eyebrows while shaking her head, "The new drama teacher just announced what musical we're doing this year, it's High School Musical Olls!"

"Mo that's great you watch and love those movies like religiously, it's perfect for you, I'm so excited to see you blow everyone away and get Gabriella," Valentina responded with just as much enthusiasm.

"Well I don't know if I would get Gabriella-" Isabel started but was quickly cut off by her best friend, "No, no downplaying your breathtaking talent okay? Not this year you have to embrace and believe that you are insanely talented just like I know you are, okay," Valentina told her.

When Isabel noded with a grin and nothing but happiness on her face, Valentina took that as a good sign that she actually took what she said to heart. Valentina looked around and saw people leaving. Oh thank god she thought,  happy she was able to successfully block out the entire assembly. She took Isabel's hand and the half eaten M&M's between the two and they headed off to officially start their first day of junior year just happy knowing that the other was going to be with them through the entire thing.

•••

AN: sooo that's the beginning of this whole thing I'm honestly so excited for this book and don't really know what else to day so hope you had a nice time reading and have had a day your happy with :)