Chapter 96: I Do Care

Start from the beginning

"Sapnap! You're starting to sound like Dream"

"George!" I watch his face turn red.

"Not like that you idiot, I have Karl and Quackity for that"

I roll my eyes.

"But I'm serious, trust me, it'll relieve some of the pain"

"Fine" I was desperate to get rid of the pain, it wasn't even manageable.

I take of my joggers slowly, keeping them next to me and pulling my hoodie down more, it was still long and covered most of my thighs.

"Lay down, I'll put these back on your thighs in a moment"

I lay down, my head resting on the arm of the sofa.

He puts my legs over his lap, moving the hoodie back just a bit before smiling at me.

"You kinky fucks" He rolls his eyes, picking up the frozen peas.

"Literally all of your skin is bruised down here, what the actual fuck" He says before placing the peas carefully across the middle of my thighs.

I brace myself as I become cold again, then feeling him massage my thighs.

I put my hood up sinking into the warmth, we sat in comfortable silence as he helped soothe my pain.

It really was helping and my thighs had gone numb from the cold.

I look over to Sapnap, watching his movements carefully.

He reminded me of Dream in the way that he cared for me. He would always do whatever he could to help me.

Even now all he wanted to do was take away my physical pain.

It made me wonder if it was their way of helping. They could never take away my emotional pain.

It had been so long since I first came back and none of them even got a full story, hardly any of their questions answered.

I felt bad almost, the cause of the big argument before hand being their persistence for answers from me.

That probably explained why none of them had been pressing me for answers.

I snap back out of my thoughts and look back at Sapnap.

Why do they still care so much?

I'm so stubborn with them but yet they're all so patient with me.

Bad and Dream were literally in the other room figuring out our futures so I could have a chance at a fresh start.

Sapnap was here, taking away my pain out of his own choice.

Callahan would literally do anything I ask of him because he feels guilty.

Do they all feel guilty?

Is that why they feel like they need to look after me?

"George?"

That's probably why Tubbo and Ranboo are with Phil, they feel guilty about not being able to help me.

But why do they feel guilty? It's not their fault, they're just kids.

Could I have done more?

I definitely could've done more.

"George? Are you alright?"

I could've been a better friend to them, told them how I was feeling and what happened.

I could've helped them to understand what I went through.

I should've given them the answers to their unanswered questions.

There must be so many questions.

"You're scaring me now, snap out of it"

I can't even speak to them about me and Dream.

They trusted me enough to tell me about their relationships.

Yet I still keep secrets from them.

Do they hate me because I don't tell them everything?

Do they think I don't trust them?

Oh god they probably think I don't care.

I do though.

I care about them, they all mean so much to me.

"George look at me, I really don't want to have to get Dream"

I shouldn't have survived, they thought I was dead anyway.

It was probably easier that way.

"DREAM!" Sapnap shouts, dragging me from my thoughts but barely.

I was no longer in the position I was in before, I was now on the floor with my knees drawn up to my chest, my head resting on top.

The pain was back in my thighs and the frozen peas were long discarded, Sapnap was knelt beside me, I knew that from the arm that was rubbing circles on my back.

I couldn't help the water that ran from my eyes, mental and physical exhaustion wasn't a great mix.

Their voices were faint although they were next to me, my head too clouded with my own thoughts to hear their conversation.

I was shaking.

Not just from pain but I suddenly felt scared.

Scared of contact.

I flinched away from the hand that tried to comfort me, the same hand that wanted to take away my pain.

It got replaced by a bigger hand, a stronger one.

I flinched harder, whimpering at the pain in my thighs but ignoring it.

Was I not safe?

I'm not safe.

"Georgie?"

Oh my god I don't have my joggers.

I feel exposed.

I feel vulnerable.

I shield my face away with my hands as my back hits a wall.

Please I'm so sorry.

My words don't leave my mouth.

"Guys stop he's going to pass out, leave him for a moment" Bad's kind voice rings through my head.

"I can't leave him like that Bad"

"Dream come on"

"I'll keep an eye on him, I'll let you know when he's okay"

Just breathe George, listen to their voices.

"But-" "Dream" Bad warns, before their voices become more distant, the sound of the bedroom door closing right after.

The room falls silent.