Camilo nodded his head and walked passed Mirabel, Julieta, Agustin and Luisa.

He was about to walk out when the door of Casita flew open, his heart dropped to his stomach at the two person standing in front of him.

He wasn't ready yet.

"Mami!" Antonio's cheerful voice made his parents look at him, excitement and relief running through their veins upon hearing their son.

They expected for him to be with Dolores but no, you stood there while holding their little boy in your arms. An awkward smile on your lips as you glanced over to them.

"Am I late-"

"Mija! You finally came!" Pepa cried out, cutting her off as she quickly let go of her husband and run to you.

Her arms wrapped around your and Antonio's body, the two of you letting out a giggle as Pepa peppered both of yours cheeks with kisses while tightening her hug around the two of you.

"I missed you so much, mija! You haven't visited us and I haven't seen you since the last time I went over to your house!" Pepa held you tighter, her hand caressing your back.

"I'm so sorry we weren't there for you. We were just busy shooing- I mean, taking care of the new family." Pepa corrected herself.

You blinked, eyes shifting downwards uncomfortably upon hearing the term of 'new family' and Pepa almost immediately sensed the sudden change in your mood which made her mood drop as well.

"Dios mio, I didn't mean it that way, mija." The redhead woman catched your cheek as she smiled sweetly towards you.

"No one could ever replace your spot in our family, okay? So you don't have to feel upset or feel left out. Dolores have been wanting to visit you, but I can't let them go out until today." Pepa explained in a low whisper.

Her eyes landed on Antonio who avoided her gaze by burying his face on your shoulder, "And tonito decided to sneak just to go to you, hm?"

"I just missed her.." Antonio's small voice almost came out as a whimper, he buried his face further on your shoulder while clutching on your yellow poncho.

Wait. Camilo's eyes stared at the ruana that's covering your upper half.  Is that my poncho?

Heat spread across his cheeks as he realized that it is his ruana, the chameleon etching on the fabric is the same ones that he is wearing right now.

"Right. Since you're here already." Camilo snapped out of his thoughts by his mother's voice.

His breath got stuck in his throat when his mother motioned towards him, your (color) eyes meeting his hazel ones.

"Camilo need to explain everything to you." Pepa stated, a firm tone on her voice while glancing back at her son's dumbstruck face.

"Tia.." The Madrigals perked up at your call.

Camilo saw how you quickly looked away, anxiety and pain can be seen on your (color) eyes. His heart ached at the sight of you avoiding him.

But he understood that you don't wanna be with him anymore, he hurted you and all of it was his fault, he knew that you wouldn't be able to forgive. He knew that he won't get another chance, you already gave him one and he messed up.

He knew that, but why does his heart still ache at the thought of not being close to you just like before? He knew he messed up, but why is he still hoping for you to give him a chance?

He looked down on the tiles, he just want to get away from you because seeing you infront of him right now, remind him the happy memories that you two had.

The Madrigals gave you a hopeful look, brows furrowed and eyes glistening sadly, they almost look like they were begging with their eyes.

So you couldn't help but sigh.

You let go of Antonio and he quickly held your arm, not wanting to look at his mother.

"Just this once, Tia." Camilo perked up, his heart beating fast in excitement and joy.

Did she just— The shapeshifter teared up, She agreed.. She's giving me a chance to explain.

"I'll listen to him just this once." You stated once more, Pepa teared up upon hearing your response.

The others shoot you a thankful glance, their body relaxing knowing that there's a possibility that you'll be with them again.

Antonio begrudgingly let go of your arm as he came with his parents, he knew that you and his brother needed to have some alone time so he went with them without a problem.

You watched the other Madrigals walk away, going inside their own room as they left you and Camilo alone in front of the door.

You looked over to him, your expression softened when you saw a tear slid from his beautiful hazel eyes. He look so happy yet hurt and timid. He looked so vulnerable, you can see the dark spots under his eyes.

You can't help but wonder what happened to him, he look so sick and exhausted. His shoulders slouching lower than it normally is.

Clothes and hair are a complete mess, he looked like he got a little thin which made a pang of worry hit your chest.

You took a deep breath which caught Camilo's attention, his posture stiffened as he wait for you to say something.

"Alright, let's go somewhere so we can talk."

Camilo saw how your expression turned blank, gaze is cold and void of any emotion with your lips pursed as soon as you muttered those words.

He just hope that everything will be a little better after this.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

I'm so unsatisfied with this, my head hurts and can't think straight.

I just hope that you guys still like this one too, I'll try to come back to this chapter and the previous one to edit them.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. :(