𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻

IT WAS THE EVENING of the game, and to say I was nervous would be the understatement of the year. Even though, I have done this for almost six years of my life ever since high school I still seemed to get nervous every single time. It was infuriating.

The fresh breeze shriveled towards my face as Harley, Finely, and I walked together on campus.

These couple of days I came to realize Harley was actually pretty right about him. He looked to be the most down-to-earth person to ever exist. It was kind of hard picturing him and Hades together as cousins. They were complete opposites.

"Y'all ready for tonight?" asked an excited Finely.

"Mm, kinda, yeah, somebody over here just seems to be too nervous, and I think it's getting too contagious because I'm beginning to feel the nerves kick in." Harley teased, glancing my way.

"Oh, please." I mused.

"Haven't both of you have been doing this for a long time now?" he asked.

"Yes, but I still get nervous every time."

"I guess it's an introvert thing," Harley commented.

Her backfiring was getting on the top of my head, but I contained myself keeping in mind that this was Harley's way of teasing and being. Sometimes she got too much, that I felt like punching her in the face, in the arm, in the nose, or anywhere. I just needed to punch something when she teased me like that.

"Well, just take a breather before you go on, and be confident, that's the key to life." Finely advised when we arrived in front of where we needed to part away.

"Thanks for the advice, good luck on the game!" Harley said as he left running, considering he was already late to his football meet-up before the game.

"There goes his waste of time." We laughed as we made our way inside our own squad meet-up.

But before we could make our way fully inside Olivia crossed our way with both of her rabbits behind her. I felt as if they wanted to act like if they were in a damn movie of mean girls but even worst. That's how they legitimately acted. But of course, they looked like the cheap version of the actual mean girls.

"If it isn't a dirty little bug and her little nerd by the side." Nerd? Me. Pft, I knew that already. If she thought that hurt me, then she should think again because I actually took that as a compliment. But where she did catch me off guard was when she called Harley a bug.

Who the fuck does she think she is?

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Avery, don't waste your time-"

"Aw, look she is standing up for her bestie." she flipped the extensions of her shoulder, looking back at both of her rabbits that only smiled at us, fakely.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, calling us names when you carry both of your fucking rabbits behind you as if they were something to show off," I shouted in rage, getting closer to them, but Harley quickly pulled me back, and behind her.

"Look...bitch, if you don't want me to bring Finley over here to scream in front of your fake ass nose again, don't even care to get anywhere close to both Avery and me, got that?" Harley inched closer to her face and Olivia's face quickly fell at the mention of Finely's name.

I almost laughed when Harley pulled on my arm, inside the building, and I saw Olivia's dumbstruck face.

When we got inside was when we let outbursts of laughter.

"She really had the audacity," Harley said holding her stomach as she was trying to stifle her laughs. "Did you see her face? Gosh, Finley, really has her scared as shit!" she mused in exasperation, but we both froze when we saw the whole squad and coach looking right at us.