Epilouge

Grian looked up at the portal before him, tall, dark, imposing, everything a nether portal always has been, but yet he can't help but feel safe as he looks into its purple glow. Besides him both Iskall and Mumbo place a reassuring hand on his shoulders, reminding him they're here for him and to steady him.

It had been a couple of months after he had returned to Hermitcraft, a couple of months or so after Grian had bid farewell to his father and dama, and things had been looking up. He is nowhere near completely over what has happened, he'd be a fool to think he'll ever forget it, but he likes to think he's recovered. He bears scars, both mental and physical, but he's doing his best to acknowledge that they can heal - maybe even fade - and that they show he's survived. When Joe had first said those words to him he may have scoffed at them, but as the days passed he realized, maybe he wasn't far off from the truth.

His hand and arm are still covered in scales in ender colors, a stark contrast to his other pale hand. In its own right, it is a scar, something that remained after he was touched by Death and he moved in from what - when looking back at it - could have very well been the end of him. Death healed him, he healed, and he still carried that with him now. And he was okay with the arm, because in a way it's a reminder Death cared enough to help him. And the scar left after the spear that had almost actually killed him, placed over his heart, he had lived that, he had survived someone aiming for a kill by the heart.

So maybe his scars didn't just have to be bad things, and maybe bad times didn't have to mean his life was forever meant to be bad.

Oh sure, for years to come he would suffer from bad days, and more scars were bound to scatter his body - such is the way of the life they all chose to live - but he had the good days too, and he had his family as well, both by blood and by choice.

So as he looked into the portal, swirling a similar purple to his eyes, he smiled. Grian turns to look over his shoulder, and the Hermit's faces greet him, his cousins front and center, red and green side by side again, at peace with one another. He looks, and he smiles, and he returns his gaze to the portal. The past has happened and it can't be changed, and that's okay, now only the future remains, and that, that they can change.

Grian takes a step forward, and with a grin and a fire in his eyes, he proudly declares, "To Season 7!"

His family cheers with him.

-Hey everyone, been a while, but here it is, the end of TRMAS. Wow, that's... that's big. This started as something fun I did on my phone and to see it turned this? I could have never imagined something like this ever happening. But the road was not a pretty one, nor a smooth one, so, I thought, why not do it again - but make it all before publishing it all? If anyone has managed to find me on AO3 (I doubt it, but hey, you never know) then they'll know I've been saying I'll have at least 10 things done before I publish things - and it's gonna be similar here as well. I shall write this entire book before I start uploading it, so I don't have to stress about publishing and writing things days before it has to be up. So expect a long period of nothing for a long few months (but that's nothing new to you all, unfortunately) and then I'll be sure to inform everyone here when it goes up.

But there's just one thing I need to know before I start writing it - should I have a Grian ship? And if I do, should it be the same or should I change it to something else?

That's it then, the last time in a while where I'll be talking to you all. It was fun, everyone, and I've had quite the ride so far. Here's hoping we have a great time. See you all later, and have a wonderful time forever more!-